Vice President, Global Field Marketing and Events
- San Francisco, CA
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next—at PagerDuty.
Why We Need You
As we prepare for PagerDuty’s next phase of growth, we are looking for a leader to drive our global field marketing and events in EMEA, APAC and North America. Partnering with our sales leadership in these regions, you’ll manage a global team of field and event marketers to build and execute a plan that achieves our pipeline and revenue goals while building our brand and customer relationships in each of our geographic regions.
The Vice President of Global Field Marketing and Events is responsible for field marketing investment in each region, ensuring that the investment matches the revenue goals, that each campaign and event has established pipeline and bookings goals and they generate significant return on investment by bringing in targeted prospects and customers. This leader will work with marketing and executive leadership to plan budgets within the context of company goals and will make appropriate trade-offs to maximize value. Additionally, they will ensure that teams across marketing and other functions are aligned to successfully support the needs of field marketing
How You Impact our Vision
- Set global field marketing strategy and manage budget across regions to drive our revenue goals in each region.
- Build a team of field and event marketers who can drive innovative and impactful programs to achieve our goals
- Work with field marketing leaders to develop and implement regional plans that are aligned with global marketing activities and effectively support sales goals with mid-market and enterprise customers
- Partner with senior sales leaders to drive a highly productive and tightly aligned global plan
- Provide leadership and insights into how events and field marketing campaigns affect our business growth
- Identify the most successful field marketing campaigns and events and ensure best practices are shared across regions
- Build a high performance team and ensure they have support from HQ in terms of resources, budget and career development to be successful
- Deep expertise managing global field marketing and event teams
- Record of building strong relationships with sales leaders
- Effectively aligns field marketing activities with business goals
- Effectively operationalizes team processes and lead generation, and collaborates with cross-functional team members
- Strong communicator and motivator of regionally distributed teams
- Strong ROI focus and ability to articulate goals and results
- Ability to work in a dynamic and scaling environment
- 15+ years of management and people leadership experience in a field marketing role with deep experience in field campaigns and corporate events
- Deep experience managing marketing budgets, allocating & optimizing spend across tactics and experience with forecasting results
- Expertise in building and executing effective field-based lead generation plans, with a focus on enterprise and mid-market customers
- Solves for the customer and creates a high bar in all customer facing communications
- Excellent communicator and strong executive presence
- Experience partnering deeply with sales leadership
- Demonstrates excellence across a broad range of marketing areasHistory of building high performance global teams
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K with 1% match
Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top