UX Designer, Growth
Why We Need You
At PagerDuty, we are building event and incident management systems to help IT operations groups respond to issues quickly and provide data visualizations to help reduce issues and improve overall quality. A seamless, simple web experience 24/7 is crucial to our continued growth, and we are looking for a user experience designer who will have a considerable impact in making our user experience among the best.
You love designing intuitive experiences that delight your both prospects and users. You are creative and thoughtful, but you also care deeply about understanding customers and considering their feedback. But you know it's not just about existing customers, it's also about creating amazing experiences that convert prospects. You have a healthy interest in product development and collaborating with a team to turn your designs into beautiful reality. You have a creative mind and impeccable instinct about what people want. You have a strong understanding of what makes a powerful user experience, and pull from common problems to find a pleasing, inspiring solution. If we've just described you, then let's talk.
How You Contribute to Our Vision
As part of the Growth team, you will be part of initiatives that drive user acquisition and retention at PagerDuty. Through rapid innovation and experimentation (lots of it!), you will help to optimize the new user acquisition and flow, while providing a delightful user experience. You will work with other growth engineers, UX designers, data scientists and support team members to brainstorm, prioritize, ship and analyze growth initiatives.
· Work on our Growth team product line to create an incredible first touch, highly engaging user experience that converts
· Collaborate with cross-functional scrum teams: guide user research, prototype customer flows, design information architecture, and deliver final visual design for desktop and mobile
· Influence website and product development based on data-informed user research and experimentation
· Conduct research by talking with leaders in the IT Operations and DevOps space to develop a rich understanding of our customers' problems and to help PagerDuty continue to innovate
· Assist our team in establishing design standards across the entire website and product to ensure that our customers have a consistent and positive experience
· Understand the convergence of great UX and conversion best practices to drive acquisition, and ultimately business.
· Minimum of 3-5 years of UX/Service design experience or related experience
· A background in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or a related field
· Enthusiastic about designing an intuitive websites and experiences and solving real problems for some of the most interesting and forward-thinking customers in the world
· You have a portfolio that demonstrates your involvement in the start-to-finish of several UX projects across both website and product
· You are thoughtful in selecting the right concept fidelity for the situation
· You draw on your deep empathy for your customers to fuel your commitment to iteration and testing your designs to deliver an excellent, intuitive experience
· You have participated in user testing and can distill feedback into actionable solutions
· You have a natural curiosity and are drawn to solving complex problems
· You are results-driven and have an interest in data, analytics, and data visualization
Also Great to Have
· Experience designing responsive applications from concept through post-release updates
· The ability to conjure up working prototypes using your tools of choice
· Helped establish a design thinking culture at a fast growing company
· You are technically inclined and love a good challenge
Benefits to Get Excited About
· Collaborating with an empathetic, supportive community of designers, product managers, and engineers on a product that customers love
· Competitive salaries and company equity
· Comprehensive benefits package including dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family, cell phone allowance and more!
· Training opportunities: Develop your career by attending classes or conferences (we also support you sharing what you know by speaking at internal and external conferences)
· Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays
· Monthly company wide hack days
· Catered lunch daily and plenty of snacks and drinks
How We Work
PagerDuty Engineering teams are set up to be mini innovation pods. We practice what we preach , and believe that every engineer/UX/PM can build great products to delight our thousands of customers.
Teams are set up to be able to achieve success autonomously while remaining accountable for results. Every team has full vertical ownership of their own services and are able to release as frequently as they want to. We practice the mantra of 'Code It. Ship It. Own It.' and believe that teams are most successful when they are able to own every decision in order to run their software. Every team gets to be a part of our growth by building highly resilient and durable software that scales from our startup customers to Fortune 100 companies.
We deploy over 1000 times a month and every engineer is able to ship high quality software to production on their own. Teams own their own tests and yes, we use PagerDuty to manage incidents . Teams own their own way of working and can use the agile practices of their choice to work collaboratively via incremental delivery.
We support engineers to explore ideas via monthly Hack Days, actively attack our own infrastructure weekly to learn and get better, host an annual internal technical conference called PagerCon , ask our engineers to represent PagerDuty at industry events , and contribute to the open source community.
Each team has a dedicated Engineering Manager, Product Owner, UX Designer, and agile coach to help support our people and teams to be successful. We believe that Management is a separate skill set and have different career paths for our engineers and managers including a full 'stay technical' career track.
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 8,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com . Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter , LinkedIn , YouTube and Facebook .
PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law. PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top