Technical Support Specialist
Why We Need You
PagerDuty is looking for technical support professionals to help our users when they contact customer support. Your responsibilities will include technical support, billing, and occasional sales inquiries. We pride ourselves in providing amazing support to our rapidly growing customer base and strive to go above and beyond for our customers. We measure our team's success in terms of how responsive we are and how many expressions of love we get from customers. You'll play a crucial role in maintaining our friendly and personal rapport with our customers, even while the company scales in size.
We are looking for candidates to join us in our offices in Sydney, Australia and London, UK. We can offer a great career path for the ambitious individual who wants to learn and acquire a number of high valued technical skills and work closely with Tier 2 engineers willing to coach, train and support you in adding technical and coding skills to your skill set.
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- Taking all first line calls from customers and identifying initial issues
- Successfully resolving customer email and phone requests through the use of varied ticketing, content and task management tools
- Identifying and tasking issues which require involvement from Engineers and Tier 2 Support
- Adding your own suggestions and efficiencies to improve our documentation, processes, and knowledge base
- Managing some billing and sales related requests
- Excellent written communication skills
- Hands on experience managing customer issues through a ticketing solution (such as Zendesk)
- Hands on experience in a technical support capacity while supporting customers using an Enterprise Software or SaaS Solution
- Prior experience taking calls directly from customers in a technical support capacity
- Willingness to work specific hours to provide SLA time-based coverage to our customers
- The ability to write about technical subjects clearly and in an engaging style
- The enthusiasm and patience to handle customer support and billing requests over the phone
- The ability to be highly organized in keeping track of each customer you work with
- An excellent work ethic and attention to detail
You May Also Have
- Technical experience with coding, linux, desktop support or HTML
Benefits to Get Excited About
- Working with a team of deeply passionate and intelligent people
- Competitive salaries and company equity
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top