Technical Support Engineer
Why We Need You
As a PagerDuty Technical Support Engineer you will be providing first-class service and tech support to our customers. Our customers are very technical (sysadmins, devops and engineers) and we want someone that can interact with them at that level. Your responsibilities will include providing technical support, debugging integration issues, writing custom scripts, and occasionally teaching customers how to use PagerDuty.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an energetic, motivated, and organized team player to get in on the ground floor with a fast growing, well-funded organization. We pride ourselves on providing amazing support to our rapidly growing customer base. You will play a crucial role in maintaining our friendly and personal rapport with our customers, even while the company scales in size.
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- Provide technical customer service to all PagerDuty customers (and potential customers) through multiple channels
- Successfully debug and resolve customer issues through the use of multiple support tools
- Set up monitoring systems, integrate them with PagerDuty and document the whole process
- Write custom scripts, code samples and integration guides for customer use
- Improve our documentation and knowledge base
- Participating in your team's on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues as they arise
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Know your way around Unix systems and tools
- Enjoy writing about technical subjects clearly and in a non-boring style
- Are well-organized, have an excellent work ethic and attention to detail
- Have experience writing code (as a software engineer, tester or sysadmin) in Ruby, Python, Perl or any other popular scripting languages
- Experience with monitoring systems such as Nagios, Zenoss and Zabbix
- Experience with RDBMS such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous parental leave, paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient, central Toronto office location, easily accessible to public transportation
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top