Technical Support Engineer
Why We Need You
As a PagerDuty Technical Support Engineer you will be providing first-class service and tech support to our customers. Our customers are very technical (sysadmins, devops and engineers) and we want someone that can interact with them at that level. Your responsibilities will include providing technical support, debugging integration issues, writing custom scripts, and occasionally teaching customers how to use PagerDuty.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an energetic, motivated, and organized team player to get in on the ground floor with a fast growing, well-funded organization. We pride ourselves on providing amazing support to our rapidly growing customer base. You will play a crucial role in maintaining our friendly and personal rapport with our customers, even while the company scales in size.
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- Provide technical customer service to all PagerDuty customers (and potential customers) through multiple channels
- Successfully debug and resolve customer issues through the use of multiple support tools
- Set up monitoring systems, integrate them with PagerDuty and document the whole process
- Write custom scripts, code samples and integration guides for customer use
- Improve our documentation and knowledge base
- Participating in your team's on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues as they arise
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Know your way around Unix systems and tools
- Enjoy writing about technical subjects clearly and in a non-boring style
- Are well-organized, have excellent work ethic and attention to detail
- Have experience writing code (as software engineer, tester or sysadmin) in Ruby, Python, Perl or any other popular scripting languages
- Experience with monitoring systems such as Nagios, Zenoss and Zabbix
- Experience with RDBMS such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top