Strategic Account Executive (Northeast)
- Flexible / Remote
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
We are looking for a strategic enterprise account executive who will identify and bring to closure PagerDuty product and service opportunities. You are expected to generate net new business and lead some of our largest and most strategic accounts in the Northeast. In the Spirit of PagerDuty’s “Champion the Customer” value, you are responsible for providing the best possible sales experience for our enterprise customers by identifying pain in a customers environment, translating that pain into a business-oriented point of view and articulating the impact of removing that pain. This individual will be accountable for the overall health and sales performance of the territory of defined accounts. You will bring with you meaningful software industry experience in any of the following: multi-product modern SaaS platforms, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, and/or analytics.
- You will be interacting, influencing, and developing relationships with individual contributors, mid-level management and the C-suite, to drive their digital transformation strategy with market-leading enterprise customers.
- Specific activities will include: Lead a cross-functional account team in the development and execution of detailed account plans/strategies to grow existing relationships AND secure new logo customers (e.g. Marketing, Solution Consulting, Customer Success, Business Value, ISRs, BDRs and partner teams).
- Maintain hyper focus on identifying pain in a customer’s environment and develop a business-orient point of view that compels them to act to solve for it.
- Generate revenue by selling, managing, and developing existing client relationships.
- Continuously “connect the dots” within your account base to develop broad relationships and engagement across targeted teams and leadership.
- Ability to drive an “AND” business, which mates our frictionless, transactional sales model with a strategic, large deal selling motion, where each is applicable.
- Prioritize opportunities and coordinate with your internal team to provide the best customer experience and ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual quota.
- Use our sales methodology and processes optimally for all lead management and sales forecasting.
- Foster and accelerate a strong eco-system partner relationships to expand market coverage, awareness and penetration within your territory.
- Dedication to conducting pipeline generation and account research.
- Embrace our #takethelead and #runtogether values by continuously learning from feedback and experiences to be better and make your team better.
- 6+ years experience in field sales.
- Maniacal focus on enabling Customer success.
- Experience leading a consultative sales approach in a multi-product, complex software environment.
- Creativity, intellectual curiosity, business acumen, technical competence, and grit.
- Ability to qualify, execute, and close business opportunities under minimum guidance.
- Positive can-do attitude with a demonstrated track record in building, managing, and delivering high performing sales results.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience selling to Fortune 500 enterprise companies.
- Advanced knowledge around DevOps.
- Strong technical acumen, knowledge of engineering culture, and the ability to relate to the customer.
- BS/BA Degree or higher or proven relevant work experience preferred.
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K with 1% match
Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top