Staff/Principal Software Engineer - Infrastructure
- Flexible / Remote
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
We're looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our core infrastructure group to drive innovation and architectural evolution.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a diverse group engineers in the pursuit of technical excellence.
We're open to a diverse group of backgrounds from enterprise, mid-market and B2C.
If you think you've seen it all in your career and have been successful in other high growth environments, apply today!
As a Staff Software Engineer, Infrastructure here at PagerDuty, you’ll be part of a team that’s intensely focused on our internal, external customers and the overall engineering community.
We design, build, and run robust systems that extend and enhance our amazing products. Of course we use our own products ourselves!
How You Contribute to Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
- Ingrain yourself into our core product and take the first few months to really learn our product, tech stack and people.
- Help set the future technical course for our production systems, technology stack, and architecture.
- Be prepared to make technical recommendations across the business and use your past experiences to make key decisions that will have immediate and long term impact at PagerDuty.
- Write code, debug issues, and participate in the service and infrastructure design process.
- Design for resilient and scalable systems while maintaining consistent delivery of value.
- Provide guidance, technical leadership, and mentoring.
About You: Skills and Attributes
- Experience with complex web applications
- Experience working in microservices or service oriented architecture.
- Expert in cloud-based technologies, especially AWS.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience in some or all of the following: Elixir, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Kafka and React.
- 15+ years of experience in software product development.
- Extensive experience and contributions in a high growth environment.
- Experience with full, long-term service ownership.
- Experience with agile, (scrum, lean, kanban) delivery methodologies.
- Well rounded, vast and broad experience in different technical environments.
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top