Staff Writer / Staff Editor
You are a master wordsmith who loves to craft stories and looks to create human interactions even from the most technical of topics. You work agilely and enjoy creating pieces that range from external words on a website to internal materials that help to drive a campaign forward. Enticing headlines? Gonna nail it. You have a bias towards initiative but also thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
We're a software company seeking a special someone to help tell our story the way it deserves to be told. We help create amazing experiences between our customers and their customers by helping them understand, respond, learn, and ultimately proactively manage any issues arising in their technical infrastructure. With over 8,500 customers and half of the Fortune 100, there's a good chance you've done business with someone who has done business with us and you think that's just as cool as we do.
- Work with our internal teams - content, PR, Product Marketing, and Product to distill our story, use it to run a thematic editorial calendar, and help create many associated pieces to help with SEO, product launches, campaigns, and more
- Collaborate with external contributors and companies on articles, opinion pieces, and interviews
- Turn our interviews and surveys with industry leading companies into stories with lessons and purpose
You Should Have
- Minimum two years experience as a technical writer or journalist (you can understand a tech audience and what entices them).
- A fantastic ability to find narratives in piles of unstructured data
- The skills needed to take complex engineering topics and make them understandable and relatable to a wide audience
- The expertise to conduct in-depth technical interviews with execs and employees at tech companies
- Familiarity with the tech industry and the basics of software engineering
- Flexibility and a keen eye for detail in your work
Nice To Haves
- Experience in computer science, engineering, or a related technical field
- Written a technical or popular book
- Bylines in top-tier print magazines like The New Yorker, The Atlantic
You Should Include These In Your Application
- Your resume and LinkedIn profile
- A cover letter
- Three long-form pieces you've written and published in the past year
BENEFITS TO GET EXCITED ABOUT
Benefits to Get Excited About
In addition to working with deeply passionate and intelligent people in a dynamic and open environment, we also offer:
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily, breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top