Sr. Web Developer, Growth
Why We Need You
At PagerDuty, we are building event and incident management systems to help IT operations groups respond to issues quickly and provide data visualizations to help reduce issues and improve overall quality. A seamless, simple web experience 24/7 is crucial to our continued growth, and we are looking for a Senior Front End Developer to join the team and help us bring this vision to our digital presence by creating outstanding experiences. The ideal candidate live and breathe digital experience trends.
You love designing intuitive experiences that delight your both prospects and users. You are creative and thoughtful, but you also care deeply about understanding customers and considering their feedback. But you know it's not just about existing customers, it's also about creating amazing experiences that convert prospects. You have a healthy interest in product development and collaborating with a team to turn your designs into beautiful reality. You have a creative mind and impeccable instinct about what people want. You have a strong understanding of what makes a powerful user experience and pull from common problems to find a pleasing, inspiring solution. If we've just described you, then let's talk.
As part of the Growth team, you will be part of initiatives that drive user acquisition and retention at PagerDuty. Through rapid innovation and experimentation (lots of it!), you will help to optimize the new user acquisition and flow, while providing amazing website experiences. You will work with other growth engineers, UX designers, data scientists and support team members to brainstorm, prioritize, ship and analyze growth initiatives.
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- You will work directly with Product and Growth Engineering Management to define, architect, and build website experiences. Engineers own production services end-to-end, so you will be deploying multiple times a week as part of an Agile process.
- Lead new projects from concept through launch. Collaborate with Product Managers to produce wireframe mock-ups. Then lead usability workshops to refine workflows, get buy-in, and progress to implementation.
- Ensure proper instrumentation to track user behavior as well as produce automated tests using tools such as selenium.
- Influence cross-team initiatives and mentor junior engineers.
- Assist our team in establishing design standards across the entire website and product to ensure that our customers have a consistent and positive experience
- Understand the convergence of great UX and conversion best practices to drive acquisition, and ultimately business.
- Design and develop websites from initial concept, site architecture, and user interface to finished deliverable
- Explore new frameworks, languages, and processes while also being able to discuss when (or when not) to use them.
- Work with other developers and clear communication skills
- Code and implement WordPress sites from photoshop layouts
- Code custom WordPress themes and plugins
- Work on and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Design and implement new features, enhancements, and content for existing websites
- Create and update reusable code libraries to streamline WordPress development cycle
- Facilitate site documentation and maintenance
- Design skills are a plus
- Build and deployment strategies for multiple environments are a plus
- 5+ years of experience working in a high paced web development growth team
- Strong knowledge of WordPress
- Ruby on Rails experience in production environments
- Past experience and/or strong passion for building global websites and apps
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Rigor in A/B testing, test coverage, and another web best practices
- Experience building large-scale ad tools.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application
- Familiarity with web standards and usability
- Flexibility and eagerness to identify, learn, and use new and changing technologies
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience working with REST APIs (Zendesk, WordPress, Discourse, Marketo)
- Must be proficient in Adobe applications (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous parental leave, paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub - accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 10,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top