Sr. UX Designer
Why We Need You
At PagerDuty, we are building an incident management system to help IT operations groups respond to issues quickly and provide data visualizations to help reduce issues and improve overall quality.
A seamless, simple web experience 24/7 is crucial to our continued growth, and we are looking for a mobile user experience designer who will have a considerable impact in making our user experience among the best.
How You Will Contribute to Our Vision
- Focus on expanding PagerDuty's platform to address customers' ability to make vast amounts of data manageable and actionable
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Ensure proper usage of PagerDuty UX style guidelines; contribute new style guide content as needed
- Gauge the usability of new and existing product features, and make constructive suggestions for change
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs, and A/B testing
- Drive for usability and desirability in your designs and how they are implemented
- Collaborate with cross-functional scrum teams: guide user research, prototype customer flows, design information architecture, and ship final visual design for web and mobile
- Influence product development based on data-informed user research and experimentation
- Assist our team in establishing design standards and a design system that serves the entire product to ensure that our customers have a consistent and positive experience
- You love designing intuitive mobile experiences that delight your users and make them successful.
- You are creative and thoughtful, but you also care deeply about understanding customers and considering their feedback.
- You have a healthy interest in product development and collaborating with a team to turn your designs into beautiful reality.
- If we've just described you, then let's talk about a role on our growing UX team working closely on our Event Management projects.
- 5-8 years of experience designing outstanding and usable, transactional products
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Visual Design or a related field
- Enthusiastic about designing an intuitive experience and solving real problems for some of the most interesting and forward-thinking customers in the world
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates your involvement in the start-to-finish of a broad variety of design projects. Show us your experience in user research, concept design, detailed design, and usability testing
- Ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process
- Experience working with data, analytics, and data visualization
- Excellent knowledge of Sketch and Invision
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- The ability to conjure up working prototypes using your tools of choice; hand-coding in HTML/CSS/JS preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines
- Systems thinker: good at learning new complex systems such as business applications; knowing that design is in the details, you embrace complexity
- Collaborative problem solver: work towards solutions by taking input from many sources--the user needs of developers, the goals of the business, the standards of our design system, and technical constraints
- Experience designing responsive applications from concept through post-release updates
- Helped establish a design thinking culture at a fast growing company
- You are technically inclined and love a good challenge
- You are involved actively in the extended design community in Toronto and like to speak/present
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous parental leave, paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient, central Toronto office location, easily accessible to public transportation
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 10,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top