Solutions Consultant - EMEA
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next—at PagerDuty.
We are on the search for a Solutions Consultant to join our high-growth company. Our Solutions Consultants will sit at the nexus between pre-sales, sales and customer experience/customer success. Whether it is helping understand the customer environments and potential technical landmines or supporting one of our over 175+ native integrations, you are fundamental to helping customers realize and optimize the PagerDuty’s awesome capabilities.
As part of our EMEA team, this role will be one of our first Solution Consultants in this region, so you will be part of a small team that is effectively a startup within a startup. We need someone who will partner with our sales leadership and reps to build something special that further accelerates our amazing growth.
Are you a problem solver? Do you actively identify the potential roadblocks and provide thoughtful solutions? Are you excellent at running technical discovery processes and can clearly articulate how PagerDuty can positively impact an organization’s digital operations?
Do you understand how to make PagerDuty relevant to each customer, commercial or enterprise? Then this is the right role for you!
How You Impact Our Vision
- You are an extraordinary partner – to sales/product team and to your customers. You play the part of a consultant, technical salesperson, technical guru, product specialist, and teacher, with a committed dedication to exceptional customer experience. You build strong, significant, and compassionate relationships to internal and external partners, no matter their level.
- You’ve got technical chops. You demonstrate knowledge of IT monitoring tools or IT Operations, can do basic scripting (Java, PHP, Ruby, Perl) and have a fundamental knowledge of Linux. You will run the technical discovery process and are capable of handling questions in an RFP, RFI and security questionnaires. You help customers design integrations to provide a seamless implementation with their current technology stack.
- You are an excellent and compelling communicator. You can break down complex technical concepts and explain them clearly to partners from business and technical backgrounds, from a DevOps engineer up to a C Level Executive. You have experience selling in the SaaS world and can articulate the business value of our solution.
- You are excellent at multi-tasking, are self-driven, and can work both independently and with a cross-functional team. You have project management skills and account management experience. You come up to speed quickly, love to learn, have a strong working style and impeccable attention to detail.
- You have 3-5 years of pre-sales experience
- You have a bachelors degree or higher, preferably in a technical field
- You have the ability to do basic scripting (Java, php, Ruby, Perl) and fundamental knowledge of Linux
- You have experience selling SaaS in a fierce environment
- Strong communication skills to build and manage relationships with new and existing clients, with a focus on growth
- Ability to travel to customer sites as necessary
- Understanding of monitoring systems such as New Relic, Nagios, Zenoss, Splunk, ServiceNow and Zabbix
- You know and understand our space (or you’re already a fan of our product!)
- Experienced in enterprise and commercial sales
Are you interested in joining one of the fastest growing global technology companies? Then apply now.
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family, cell phone allowance and more
Life assurance and income protection
Retirement Pension Plan
Generous parental leave
Paid holidays (25 days) in addition to 8 paid stat holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Monthly company wide hack days
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top