How You Contribute to Our Vision
Our Solutions Consultants sit at the nexus between pre-sales, sales and customer experience and success. Whether it is helping understand the customer environments and potential technical landmines or supporting one of our over 175+ native integrations, you are fundamental to helping customers realize and optimize the PagerDuty's awesome capabilities.
You are a problem solver. You identify the potential roadblocks and provide thoughtful solutions. You run technical discovery processes and can clearly articulate how PagerDuty can positively impact an organization's digital operations. You understand how to make PagerDuty relevant to each customer, commercial or enterprise.
You are an outstanding partner – to sales, to product, to your customers. You play the part of consultant, technical salesperson, technical guru, product expert, and teacher, with a relentless commitment to outstanding customer service . You build strong, meaningful, and empathetic relationships to internal and external partners, no matter their level.
You've got technical chops. You demonstrate a knowledge of IT monitoring tools or IT Operations, can do basic scripting (Java, PHP, Ruby, Perl) and have a fundamental knowledge of Linux. You run the technical discovery process and are capable to handling questions in an RFP, RFI and security questionnaires. You help customers design integrations to provide seamless implementation with their current technology stack.
You are an excellent and compelling communicator. You can break down complex technical concepts and explain them clearly to stakeholders from business and technical backgrounds, from a DevOps engineer up to a C Level Executive. You can deliver amazing demos that highlight how PagerDuty can impact that specific organization's digital operations. You have experience selling in the SaaS world and can articulate the business value of our solution.
You are great at multi-tasking, are self driven, and can work both independently and with a cross functional team. You've got project management skills and account management experience. You come up to speed quickly, love to learn, have an amazing work ethic and impeccable attention to detail.
- 5+ years of pre-sales experience
- Demonstrated experience with complex and matrixed Strategic Account deals
- Bachelor's degree, or higher, preferably in a technical field
- Ability to do basic scripting (Java, php, Ruby, Perl) and fundamental knowledge of Linux
- Experience selling SaaS in a competitive environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel to customer sites as necessary
Additional Experience a Plus:
- Understanding of monitoring systems such as New Relic, Nagios, Zenoss, Splunk, ServiceNow and Zabbix
- You know and understand our space (or you're already a fan of our product!)
Benefits to Get Excited About
In addition to working with deeply passionate and intelligent people in a dynamic and open environment, we also offer:
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient, central Toronto office location, easily accessible to public transportation
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top