Software Engineer, Billing & Monetization
At PagerDuty, we believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture. Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Why We Need You
How You Contribute to Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
- Working alongside the other members of the monetization team, you will design and expand APIs to support new products and features, and improve workflows.
- You will build, deploy, and maintain important, highly available, scalable, and reliable production SaaS service(s).
- You will collaborate with business and product partners to architect new tools and solutions from the ground-up.
- You will have a direct impact on our growth and play a pivotal role in implementing and maintaining API integrations (e.g. Zuora) to increase our scalability and flexibility.
- You will learn new technologies and share knowledge with the rest of your team and the company as a whole.
- You will participate in your team’s on-call rotation (using PagerDuty) - triaging and addressing production issues in real-time as they arise.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 5+ years of development experience working on customer-facing and web-based systems
- You have experience with designing, implementing, and using APIs in a service-oriented environment
- You have experience in object-oriented design and design patterns
- You have excellent communication skills working with internal stakeholders, product owners, and geographically dispersed teams
- You have 1+ years Agile Methodology experience
- You have basic linux sysadmin experience
- You are a self-starter; a reliable teammate with the ability to deliver quality projects on-time
- You have the ability to thrive in a high-intensity, rapidly changing environment, and to successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency
- Previous experience building internal business tools preferred
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family, cell phone allowance and more
Generous parental leave
Monthly company wide hack days
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top