Social Media Manager
Why We Need You
Do you thrive on sharing great content, connecting people, and being part of a social community? If so, you're the right person to join us at PagerDuty as a Social Media Manager who will attract and interact with targeted social communities, users and influencers. The goal of this role is to gradually achieve superior customer engagement, website traffic and pipeline revenue by strategically leveraging all aspects of social media marketing.
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience and influencer identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages followers to take action
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of the company's social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create social media calendars.
- Build campaigns around events, themes, launches and key programs to sustain engagement and drive share of voice
- Ensure audience engagement by joining trending conversations and sharing high value content
- Update social tracking and listening for use in campaign programs, sales support, events
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data, metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Collaborate with other departments (such as Demand Generation, PR, AR, Field Marketing, Community, Sales and spokespeople) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
- BS in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations preferred
- 3-5 years experience working in Social Media, Marketing Communications & PR
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social tools knowledge
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Positive attitude, detail- and customer-oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Writing: You need to know how to write effective copy in a variety of different styles for the major social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Knowledge of writing for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is also needed.
- Research: You need to be knowledgeable about the fast changing world of social and digital media. You must also monitor key competitor social media activities.
- Problem-Solving: You will determine how to best communicate a company's message on different platforms, and sometimes might need to convey sensitive information.
- Organization: There are many different platforms, and new ones are being developed all the time. How you communicate on each, determining audience and measuring tactics, all take organization.
- Interpersonal Skills: Even through writing, you will be a direct connection between the company and the public. Being friendly and approachable online will help.
- Preferred Skills: Familiarity with various social media tools, particularly Hootsuite and TrackMaven.
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous parental leave, paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub - accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 10,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top