Senior Technical Product Manager
- Flexible / Remote
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Why We Need You
PagerDuty is the leading platform for real-time operations, empowering teams to make the right real-time action. We are increasing our investment in scalability, security, and compliance to meet the needs of our growing customer base. In this role, you will ensure we are meeting our customers increasing demands to provide a highly scalable and secure platform.
- Work with customers and sales to understand market needs and customer problems and determine the priority of addressing them
- Partner with various engineering teams (security, data pipeline) to build a roadmap and deliver enhancements to the PagerDuty platform that accelerate adoption across the enterprise and unlock new markets
- Clearly articulate the roadmap plan within the company; drive alignment with development, marketing, sales, and executives
- Build relationships with our largest customers and support sales efforts as needed
- Partner closely with product marketing and sales enablement to ensure effective training and messaging on new capabilities is delivered
- Own the business case for large development efforts
Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge of highly scalable cloud architectures, specifically involving real-time data ingest and event/message processing
- Awareness of policy and regulatory issues related to regulated industries such as healthcare, financial services, and government
- An ability to gain a deep understanding of customers and different target personas, and to develop a vision for creatively solving customer problems
- Track record of successfully building alliances with teams, especially engineering, in a matrix environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience presenting to executive leadership, participating in the sales cycle and handling sensitive customer escalations
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to develop relationships with and work closely with customers
- 5+ years of work experience with a minimum of 3 years in product management or product development in the software industry
- Bachelor's in Engineering, Computer Science, technical related field, or equivalent practical development experience
- Experience with developing data pipeline and data ingestion features
- Experience with scaling SaaS products to millions of users
- Experience working and delivering product or services in an agile/lean environment
- Experience working with cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure
- Knowledge of Security and Compliance requirements for SaaS solutions
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top