Senior Solutions Consultant - Pac Northwest
- Seattle, WA
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come. PagerDuty is the Digital Operations Management Platform for Real Time Work. Elevating Real Time Work to the outcomes that matter most. We are uniquely positioned to win a huge portion of a $25 Billion Total Addressable Market for Digital Operations Management. Our mission is to become a $1B company by 2025. We advise and enable our customers to realize the full potential of becoming a mature digital business by assisting them in progressing through our operational maturity framework. Our framework, based on industry best practices and benchmarks, enables our customers to evolve from reactive to proactive to ultimately preventive in the resolution of incidents.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
We’re first in the hearts of our customers because our products and people are second to none. #ChampionTheCustomer -- at PagerDuty. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next—at PagerDuty.
As a Senior Solutions Consultant, you will sit at the nexus between pre-sales, sales and customer experience/customer success. Whether it is helping understand the customer environments and potential technical landmines or supporting one of our over 350+ native integrations, you are fundamental to helping customers realize and optimize the PagerDuty’s awesome capabilities.
How You Contribute to Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
- Solution Consulting (Presales) is a critical part of the sales engine at PagerDuty - driving revenue and successful customers.
- You play the part of a consultant, technical salesperson, technical guru, product specialist, and teacher, with a committed dedication to exceptional customer experience. You build strong, significant, and compassionate relationships to internal and external partners, no matter their level.
- You demonstrate knowledge of IT monitoring tools or IT Operations, can do basic scripting. You will run the technical discovery process and are capable of handling questions in an RFP, RFI and security questionnaires. You help customers design integrations to provide a seamless implementation with their current technology stack.
- You can break down complex technical concepts and explain them clearly to partners from business and technical backgrounds, from a DevOps engineer up to a C Level Executive. You have experience selling in the SaaS world and can articulate the business value of our solution.
About You: Skills and Attributes
- You are an extraordinary partner – to sales/product team and to your customers
- You’ve got technical chops
- You are excellent at multi-tasking, are self-driven, and can work both independently and with a cross-functional team
- You have project management skills and account management experience. You come up to speed quickly, love to learn, have a strong working style and impeccable attention to detail
- You have 5+ years of pre-sales experience
- You have the ability to do basic scripting
- You have experience selling SaaS in a fierce environment
- You have strong communication skills to build and manage relationships with new and existing clients, with a focus on growth
- You have the ability to travel to customer sites as necessary
- You have a bachelors degree or higher, preferably in a technical field
- You have an understanding of monitoring systems such as New Relic, Nagios, Zenoss, Splunk, ServiceNow and Zabbix
- You know and understand our space (or you’re already a fan of our product!)
- You're experienced in enterprise and commercial sales
Are you passionate about Joining a creative company where you are pushed beyond your comfort-zone both professionally and personally? Then apply now.
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K with 1% match
Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Back to top