Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
- Flexible / Remote
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Do you relish the opportunity to design, build and run mission critical applications? Do you want to get the attention of hundreds of thousands of engineers and technology leaders around the globe 24/7 so they can fix problems? Yes? Then read on to find out more about what makes PagerDuty a great place to be an Engineer!
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer on our Infrastructure team, you’ll be part of a group that’s intensely focused on our customers and the engineering community. Whether it’s provisioning, continuous integration/deployment, monitoring, or cloud platform management, SREs provide the foundation upon which the PagerDuty product is built and architecting the future.
How You Contribute To Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
- You partner with Engineering stakeholders to design and deliver a reliable, scalable, secure, and performant platform
- You continuously strive to improve the customer experience: Full lifecycle support (creation, development, deployment, retirement), observability, flexible connectivity, and monitoring
- You stay current on technical trends in order to suggest innovative tools and approaches to interesting problems
- You share your expertise with the entire Engineering organization
- You participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation. And yes, we use PagerDuty to manage our on-call schedules
About You: Skills and Attributes
- You have solved multiple problems by writing code to automate your way out of them and have a passion for replacing manual processes time and time again with your code
- You have been responsible for running critical services that multiple customers depend upon. You understand the importance and impact that operational optimization can have on a product and the positive ripple effects that it can have across an entire organization
- You believe CI servers, push-button deploys, time-series datastores, metrics dashboards, and centralized logging are not just “nice to haves,” they are critical pieces of infrastructure that rapidly pay for themselves. You are familiar with the tool-space and can suggest products in each of these areas
- You are empathetic: You take others’ opinions into account and clearly communicate your thoughts to reach technical solutions quickly
- You consider it important to understand and appreciate your customers, and enjoy seeing your work improve the work of others
- Excellent knowledge of a scripting language like; Ruby or Python
- Experience working on cloud based infrastructure e.g AWS, GCP, Azure
- Knowledge of configuration management systems like Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Experience in automating releases, continuous integration/delivery systems and relevant tools (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis CI, Buildkite, etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform or CloudFormation)
- Experience with Docker in a production environment including container orchestration (e.g. Nomad, Mesos, Kubernetes, etc.)
- AWS-based, cloud-native infrastructure and managed services, such as AWS Redshift, EC2, S3 and other storage options, VPCs, IAM
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top