Senior Product Designer
- San Francisco, CA
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next—at PagerDuty.
Why We Need You
We are building a digital operations management system to help software development and operations teams respond to service disruptions quickly and reduce impact to their customers and their business. An effortless experience across channels is crucial to our continued growth.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will have a considerable impact on making our user experience among the best in any category. You love designing intuitive experiences that delight your users and make them successful. You are creative and thoughtful, but you also care deeply about understanding customers and considering their feedback. You have a healthy interest in product development and collaborating with a team to turn your designs into a beautiful reality. If we’ve just described you, then let’s talk about a role in our growing product design team.
- Work as part of the PagerDuty product development team and own the user experience design of a key feature from start to finish.
- Partner with product management to balance shipping business value quickly and delivering a quality user experience.
- Work with researchers to build a deep understanding of user problems and bring that empathy back to the team through collaborative workshops.
- Decide on the most appropriate fidelity for design deliverables based on the project, and share those designs early and often.
- Collaborate with a team of developers to iterate on designs in an agile environment.
- Continuously test designs, prototypes, and the existing product using qualitative and quantitative research methods.
Skills & Attributes
- You are empathetic; you have a strong desire for learning about people and how they use software.
- You are a strategic thinker that can break down complex problems into simple solutions.
- You can clearly communicate your thoughts and opinions to justify your design decisions.
- You seek out diverse opinions and enjoy collaborating with others.
- You are self-driven and resourceful; you take on new challenges and opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
- You have experience partnering with Product Managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- You are comfortable in defining projects and measures of success, testing your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporating feedback.
- 5+ years of experience in product design, UX design, service design, or a related field.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates taking at least one project from start to finish (from research and discovery through to implementation with developers).
- Strong execution skills and experience with modern tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Abstract or related. You're accustomed to using prototyping tools in your workflow.
- Experience designing for more than one platform or channel (such as web, mobile, chatops, email).
- Experience planning and executing user research projects.
- Experience designing the user experience for machine learning features or working with a data science team.
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K with 1% match
Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top