Senior Manager, Tax
PagerDuty is building out its global accounting function and is looking to recruit an experienced professional in the newly-created role of Senior Manager of Tax. Reporting to the Company's Vice President and Controller and based at PagerDuty's global headquarters in San Francisco, California, this role will touch each of the components of our tax function, including tax planning, reporting, audits and compliance. This position is newly created, so this position will play an instrumental, hands-on, pioneering role in developing the Company's overarching tax strategies and creating the necessary processes and systems to support them.
- Be a strategic business partner, advising and supporting business teams in tax related issues, policies and procedures
- Identify and mitigate tax risks
- Drive IP migration project
- Develop and monitor global transfer pricing strategies
- Manage tax provision and tax compliance process, including sales and use tax, VAT and other non-income tax issues
- Proactively manage and coordinate tax audits as required and negotiate lower taxes, interest and penalties
- Maintain tax balances on general ledger
- Oversee tax consultants and service providers, including those involved in tax provision and tax compliance process
- Review, monitor and provide guidance regarding transfer-pricing agreements and ensure proper documentation to compliance requirements
- Remain current on actual / potential changes to tax guidance and advise finance and business leadership on emerging issues and disclosure
- Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices
- Ad-hoc responsibilities as required
The ideal candidate will be tenaciously focused, organized and detail-oriented with strong decision-making skills in an environment that demands rapid decision making. This is a unique opportunity to step into a role and touch other functions. We're looking for someone who is relentlessly driven and is motivated to join an entrepreneurial, fast paced company that rewards that same entrepreneurial spirit in its employees.
- Minimum of a B.S. in Finance, Accounting; CPA strongly preferred
- 10 plus years of corporate tax experience in public accounting plus multinational corporate tax department; candidates straight from public accounting will be considered
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting for income taxes
- Experience with developing plans for IP migration plus significant transfer pricing experience
- Proficiency with Excel
- Track record of managing service providers to ensure work is completed on time, with quality and on budget
- Professional and positive communication and organizational skills, including an ability to clearly explain complex concepts to non-accounting personnel
- Character, sense of humor and work ethic appropriate for an entrepreneurial company
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 8,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top