Senior Front-End Engineer
Why We Need You
PagerDuty is the incident resolution service that integrates with ITOps and DevOps monitoring stacks to improve operational reliability and agility. Companies including Twitter, Lyft, Airbnb, and Google, amongst many others, trust and rely on PagerDuty to help achieve this.
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer who will join our team and help us continue innovating our product offering and make our user experience among the best.
How You Contribute to Our Vision
At PagerDuty, we have a small but growing team of front-end engineers. We work cross-functionally across product, design, and engineering to build intuitive interfaces. We've got a solid web UI code base with high code coverage, but we have so many more features to still add as we continue our growth as a company. You will get a chance to work in all of our web & API code bases as well as any open-source repositories that back them.
- Build and ship new customer-facing features (complete your first production deploy within the first few days!)
- Ensure a consistent user experience by standardizing UI components
- Leave the codebase better factored and better tested than you found it
- Provide code reviews for your fellow team members
- Provide ideas and participate in driving technology decisions around how we build better UIs faster and cleaner
- 3+ years of development experience working on customer-facing and web-based systems
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading / caching)
- Fearlessly self-driven
- Empathetic- you can clearly communicate your thoughts and opinions to other
You May Also Have
- 2+ years working in at least one modern web programming framework: Ruby on Rails, Django, CakePHP, or similar
- 2+ years of working with REST-based APIs
- Proficiency in data visualization frameworks like D3 or Highcharts
- Work samples or side projects that demonstrate your skills
- Contributions to open source projects
- Clear communication and ability to understand the needs of our customers
Benefits to Get Excited About
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient, central Toronto office location, easily accessible to public transportation
How We Work
PagerDuty Engineering teams are set up to be mini innovation pods. We practice what we preach, and believe that every engineer can build great products to delight our thousands of customers.
Teams are set up to be able to achieve success autonomously while remaining accountable for results. Every team has full vertical ownership of their own services and are able to release as frequently as they want to. We practice the mantra of 'Code It. Ship It. Own It.' and believe that teams are most successful when they are able to own every decision in order to run their software. Every team gets to be a part of our growth by building highly resilient and durable software that scales from our startup customers to Fortune 100 companies.
We deploy over 1000 times a month and every engineer is able to ship high quality software to production on their own. Teams own their own tests and yes, we use PagerDuty to manage incidents. Teams own their own way of working and can use the agile practices of their choice to work collaboratively via incremental delivery.
We support engineers to explore ideas via monthly Hack Days, actively attack our own infrastructure weekly to learn and get better, host an annual internal technical conference called PagerCon, ask our engineers to represent PagerDuty at industry events, and contribute to the open source community.
Each team has a dedicated Engineering Manager, Product Manager, and agile coach to help support our people and teams to be successful. We believe that Management is a separate skill set and have different career paths for our engineers and managers including a full 'stay technical' career track.About Us
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 8,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top