Senior Director, Strategic Alliances, Cloud
Why We Need You
PagerDuty is one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, having recently crossed $100M in annual recurring revenue (ARR). Our offering is uniquely positioned to help organizations migrate confidently to the Cloud with real-time operations management. Thousands of organizations and their DevOps/IT Ops teams are using PagerDuty to ensure their success in the Cloud and improve customer experience, mitigate business disruption, and increase employee productivity.
As the Senior Director, Strategic Alliances, Cloud, you will be responsible for developing, managing, and operationalizing high-impact strategic partnerships and alliances with the leading Cloud platform vendors (IaaS and PaaS). Reporting to the SVP Business Development & Corporate Strategy, you will manage our partnership business plans for Cloud platform alliances, develop close partner relationships, orchestrate cross-functional execution, and drive business success.
This is a strategic, high-impact role, focused on building strategic relationships with the Cloud platforms, expanding our integrated offerings and value propositions, driving revenue (ARR) growth through joint go-to-market (e.g., co-marketing, co-sell and field teaming, transactions through cloud marketplaces), and enhancing our market leadership and differentiation in the Cloud. You will collaborate closely cross-functionally with product management, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, etc. to develop alignment and coordinate execution.
How You Contribute to Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
- Manage our alliance relationships, partnership planning, and operational execution with Cloud platform (IaaS and PaaS) vendors
- Develop close relationships with key stakeholders in the partner organizations
- Identify and manage opportunities to grow joint business through integrated solution offerings and go-to-market initiatives (e.g., co-marketing, co-sell and field teaming, sales through cloud marketplaces)
- Manage partnership agreements and coordinate their execution
- Manage partnership business planning, including metrics/goals, offerings and solutions integrations, marketing, enablement, sales, etc. with a focus on key priorities for success
- Collaborate with PM, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and other teams and ensure alignment
- Orchestrate and coordinate cross-functional execution for each partnership
- Track and report on partnership metrics/goals (e.g., ARR growth, customer adoption), identify improvement opportunities, and drive alignment
- Entrepreneurial with bias for action
- Strategic perspective on how to create value
- "Virtual general manager" mindset with a holistic view on the partnership
- Highly collaborative both externally developing strong relationships with partners and teaming up well internally (e.g., PM, Eng, Sales, Marketing)
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Track record of high performance in prior roles
- Solid understanding of partnerships and alliances and how they can create value for the business
- Solid understanding of the Cloud and SaaS industry landscape
- MBA / Master's degree or additional years of relevant professional experience
- Proven results in managing strategic partnerships and alliances for significant revenue and business impact
- Experience partnering with Cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP, PCF, other IaaS or PaaS), product integrations for Cloud use cases, and marketing/selling through Cloud marketplaces
- Experience with DevOps, IT Ops, and/or infrastructure software
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily, breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub - accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 10,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top