Senior Director of Engineering, Infrastructure
- Flexible / Remote
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty continues to grow!
“The world is always on. Let’s keep it that way.” At PagerDuty, we live and breathe that mission statement. Some of the largest companies in the world rely on us to support them on those worst days. In order to do that, we’ve built a scalable, secure, cloud-native, modern infrastructure to support both our customers and our internal feature development teams.
Our Infrastructure group consists of teams focused on automation & deployment tooling, observability, cloud delivery, site reliability and data stores. They own the foundation on which our application teams build world-class software. They are responsible for evolving our technology infrastructure and tooling to ensure that we stay ahead of the curve, continue to delight our customers and scale to handle the needs of a rapidly growing customer base.
We're looking for a Senior Director of Engineering to lead this talented group of engineers. You’ll own the vision for our future infrastructure, building out the team to achieve that vision, and empowering them to execute on it. We value collaboration heavily; you’ll work closely with other group leaders in Engineering to execute on large-scale projects, and to help set the standards & processes that drive all of Engineering. You’ll also work cross-functionally with Product Management, Legal, and even our customers to support other parts of the business on important company initiatives. We build a product for Engineers - our input is both valued and needed in departments outside of Engineering!
This position will report directly to the VP of Engineering for PagerDuty.
About You: Skills and Attributes
- A passion for building collaborative, inclusive engineering teams
- Comfortable making the tough decisions when needed, and stepping back when needed
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written, with bonus points for having excellent public speaking abilities
- Able to both collaborate with and negotiate with peers inside and outside of Engineering
- Track record of coaching and mentoring Engineering leaders on both technical and management tracks
- You know how to participate in the technical details while still empowering your team to make decisions
- Strong business acumen, and comfortable interacting with customers directly when needed
- Significant experience as a hands-on technical contributor earlier in your career
- Deep understanding of modern software development practices including: high availability, CI/CD pipelines, public cloud(AWS, in particular) infrastructure, microservices, containerization, etc.
- High-level leadership roles managing multiple Engineering teams
- Experience managing multiple layers of managers
- Prior experience running Infrastructure teams
- Have managed (or worked with, at a minimum) teams in multiple geographies
- Experience working in a DevOps environment where engineers go on-call
- Experience with large-scale Enterprise SaaS products
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top