Senior Corporate Counsel - Commercial Transactions
At PagerDuty, we believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture. Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We are looking for a Senior Corporate Counsel - Commercial Transactions with experience in SaaS business issues and transactions, to join our growing legal team located in downtown San Francisco, CA. which will support a strong worldwide sales/business development clients.
The successful incumbent will possess strong organization skills, thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, has excellent negotiation and drafting skills, is passionate about technology, and is an excellent teammate who is excited about making an immediate impact to the company’s values and growth. This position will report directly to the Director – Commercial (Assistant General Counsel).
How You Impact Our Vision
- Draft and Negotiate customer, partner subscription and consulting agreements for SaaS offerings, as well as supplier/procurement agreements
- Lead and drive the development of our contract templates, standard methodology processes, playbooks, and automation across the entire contract's lifecycle; Manage internal projects to completion
- Collaborate with sales, company leadership, and other partners on deal-related matters, projects, and training
- Provide training to Sales and others working with the Legal function
- Ability to triage issues and prioritize work effectively
- Liaise with finance, sales operations, and other business units for approval of contractual terms and conditions on specific areas of expertise
- At least 6 -9 years of practical, exceptional law firm, in-house experience and/or academic credentials; admitted into and in good standing with California or other state bars
- At least 6-9 years of technology transactional experience
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise on different types of commercial transactions including SaaS sales, reseller, strategic partnerships, consulting partnerships, and inbound/outbound licensing agreements
- Deep understanding of CA commercial law, contract fundamentals and business/product-related legal issues including risk shifting, intellectual property, global data privacy, data security principles and revenue-recognition issues (particularly as it relates to SaaS)
- An ambitious standout colleague with the ability to take a leadership role in identifying and resolving legal issues, negotiate/draft contracts, and stabilize legal/business concerns
- Ability to make significant decisions regarding legal and compliance risks in a changing environment
- Working experience with different contract structures and processes
- Hands on experience coordinating across different lines of business to keep current on business activities and future plans; advise business partners on the implementation of legal and applicable regulatory requirements and ensure implementation
- Previous experience supporting and advising a global sales organization with a client-centric approach to resolving deals with a calm demeanor
- At least 6-9 years’ of legal experience focused on technology transactions at a top law firm and/or in-house (a combination of both is a plus)
- Experience analyzing and balancing deals/agreements for risk, and other legal requirements to safeguard PagerDuty’s interests/values, while ensuring revenue efforts are fully supported
- Experience advising product management on applicable law; experience working with security function on data security/privacy and recognizing revenue recognition issues
- Previous working experience with sales operations, finance, and operations on deal velocity projects such as contract lifecycle management, new templates, and sales training
Are you interested in joining one of the fastest growing global technology companies? Then Apply now
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave, paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Monthly company wide hack days
Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top