Why We Need You
As an Accountant, you'll work under the direction of the Corporate Controller compiling and analyzing financial information and performing various accounting support functions. We're looking for someone that's aware of and can apply best practice accounting processes and ensure appropriate internal control procedures. You're passionate about numbers and open collaboration, eager to learn new things, but you're content to work independently to get the job done.
How You Contribute to Our Vision:
- Responsible for month-end close procedures, including preparation of monthly journal entries, various balance sheet account reconciliations and preparation of departmental reporting packages. Analyze and document balance sheet and income statement activity and variances.
- Support our sales commissions process, including documenting the sales commission plan and ensuring it is adhered to. Revising and revamping the plan with partnership across sales and senior leadership. Implement accurate tracking, accounting and payments of commissions.
- Complete ongoing analysis of the companies various commission and incentive plans to ensure accurate accounting under ASC 606.
- Support accounting team's commitment to timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions in accordance with US GAAP and the Company's internal controls.
- Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements to streamline accounting processes.
- Help establish and maintain policies and procedures.
- Support the external audit of the company's financial statements, including preparation of audit schedules and responding to auditor questions and requests.
- Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management.
- B.A/B.S in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- 4+ years progressive accounting experience, a minimum of 3 years in public accounting and preferably a minimum of 1 year in operational accounting. Big 4 experience required.
- CPA, CPA eligible or working towards a CPA (strongly preferred).
- In depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Proactive, assertive, and creative approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across the organization.
- Strong organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to execute multiple tasks, be detail oriented, committed to high quality and have the ability to adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Benefits to Get Excited About
- Working with a team of deeply passionate and intelligent people
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision plan options for you and your spouse/family, 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks your first year, 4 weeks afterwards), and unlimited sick days (we practice the "no sneezing at work" mantra) in addition to regular holidays
- Monthly company-wide hack days
- Catered lunch every day, and delicious breakfast on Wednesday mornings
- Tea, coffee, soda, kombucha, beer, juice, wine, Scotch -- beverages for every mood
- Convenient office location in SoMa, easily accessible by BART, Muni, and Caltrain
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top