San Francisco Why We Need You
PagerDuty is building out its global accounting function and is looking to recruit an experienced Senior Accountant to play an integral part of our accounting team. You will be reporting to the company's Director, Assistant Controller, and will be based at PagerDuty's global headquarters in San Francisco, California.
You will play a critical role supporting a team that is growing in a performance-based environment, and with a company that is expanding rapidly. You will be managing large amounts of financial data, which you will use to ensure that business transaction activity is appropriately captured and accounted for in our financial statements. You have a strong passion in process development, and you thrive in a vibrant environment, under pressure, and ambiguity. You're the ultimate team player; willing and excited to roll up your sleeves and contribute to all parts of the process with a positive attitude.
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- A key driver of our monthly close process, including creating journal entries, reconciliations, etc.
- Maintain systems and ensure accuracy and completeness of all transactions and compliance to company policy.
- Assist in establishing and monitoring the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures and accounting policies.
- Partner with Business Leads to provide financial insights to their teams.
- Analyze trends and investigate variances.
- Support system implementations and maintenance.
- Support annual audit deliverables.
- Proactively document, identify and implement process improvements.
- Contribute to special projects as assigned .
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to generate clear, concise reports.
- Outstanding attention to detail, high level of accuracy in written work and reports, and the ability to exercise good judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to present data in an understandable format.
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment; strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion.
● Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent ● Prior Big 4 high performer ●3-5 years of Accounting experience
- Expert knowledge and capabilities in Excel
- CPA or equivalent
Benefits to Get Excited About
In addition to working with deeply passionate and intelligent people in a dynamic and open environment, we also offer:
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Monthly company-wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily, breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub - accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top