Sales Development Representative
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next—at PagerDuty.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will be responsible for qualifying inbound inquiries into PagerDuty from new and existing customers in Australia, New Zealand and Asia (excluding Japan). Your lead qualification process will support a team of Account Executives in building pipelines and closing deals. This role will report into the Australia Pacific & Japan Commercial Operations Director.
PagerDuty is looking for a high-energy, collaborative and organized team member with a proven track record of converting inbound leads into high value opportunities closed by Account Executives. This role will allow you to gain exposure to all aspects of a sales cycle and the ability to have a hand in some of the hottest opportunities we work on, in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
How You Impact Our Vision
- Prioritize inbound leads through detailed research and contact prospects in a timely manner via phone calls and other forms of outreach.
- Document thorough qualification process of all inbound leads and set up meetings between qualified leads and Account Executives to help build opportunity pipelines for Australia, New Zealand and Asia (excluding Japan)
- Developing a deep understanding of PagerDuty product offering for different persona’s to effectively qualify leads
- Develop strong relationships with the Account Executives and marketing teams to generate new opportunities
- Maintain detailed lead related activity documentation in Salesforce.com for all lead management.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales development quotas
- Excellent communicator who is able to effectively partner with key external and internal stakeholders to deliver results
- Build credibility with prospects across a broad range of customers from devops analysts to C-level contacts to qualify leads
- Curious: Develop deep understanding of PagerDuty’s products and the evolving industry to enhance ability to qualify leads
- Knows the value of your time, qualifying leads judiciously
- Efficient: Proven capacity to manage inbound lead queue >100 following events
- Prior sales development experience in quota carrying role
- Bachelor degree or higher
- Prior Salesforce.com experience
- Experience selling SaaS solutions
- Confident attitude: Proven performance in a high-growth technology company
- Ability to perform in a time-sensitive and high volume environment
Are you interested in joining one of the fastest growing global technology companies? Then apply now.
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family, cell phone allowance and more
Generous parental leave
Paid holidays (20 days) in addition to 9 paid stat holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Monthly company wide hack days
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top