Product Manager, Platform
Why We Need You
From our humble beginnings as a YC startup, PagerDuty has grown to become the most trusted tool in incident management tool. We are used by over 8000 customers in critical situations and all have slightly different needs. That's why 1000 developers start using our API to solve their event and incident management issues each month.
We're extending this idea by investing in out strategic integrations roadmap. We need you to work with our partners, customers and developers to design, test and iterate on these key integrations.
We are increasing our investment in strategic customer and marketing driven integrations. You'll own the prioritization and delivery of that roadmap.
How You Contribute to Our Vision:
- Define and prioritize key platform enhancements, including strategic integrations that address customer needs: handling the event pipeline, notifying downstream tools and embedding custom UI in the product
- Advocate for our customers' developers and partners to ensure we are solving the right problems in the right way
- Work with the engineering team to get these new features into our customers' hands – you don't get any points until customers are using it
- Work with the development community, our partners and partner marketing to insure we maximize the value of our platform roadmap
What We Are Looking For:
- 4+ years of strategic product management experience
- Someone with development chops. You should have 2 - 4 years development experience with a SaaS and enterprise software product. You will have experience integrating systems on the backend. You may enjoy displaying your skills at hack days :)
- An understanding of APIs, and how to balance progress with stability
- Experience in new product development in Agile/Scrum delivery approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to grasp strategy and business value concepts
- A passion for getting things done
- Experience creating a platform ecosystem a big plus
Great to Have:
- Domain expertise in monitoring, IT Service Desk, and chat collaboration tools eg Slack/HipChat
- Expertise in Enterprise Product Management.
- Passionate and credible Evangelist to champion our Incident Management Platform in the market.
- Experience helping with late stage sales and customer success. It's not uncommon for ease of development to be a criteria for evaluation on larger deals.
Benefits to Get Excited About
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily, breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 8,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top