Product Manager, Incident Response
Why We Need Yo
From our humble beginnings as a YC startup, PagerDuty has grown to become the most trusted platform for incident response. PagerDuty is used by over 10,000 customers in critical situations, and all of them want to improve the way they respond to and learn from customer-impacting incidents. Our incident response capabilities are extensively used by our customers, but we know there is so much more we can do for them.
Ranging from faster mobilization, integrating with conferencing and collaboration tools, and communicating with stakeholders not directly involved in the resolution effort, PagerDuty is dedicated to making it easy for our customers to adopt incident response best practices.
As Product Manager for Incident Response, you will extend our market leadership by working with customers to understand their response needs, identify how to incorporate the most important aspects into the PagerDuty platform, and work hand-in-hand with engineering to build, ship, and iterate on these capabilities. This role will also build out best practices, guides, and related content to help our customers successfully evolve their response processes using PagerDuty.
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- Define, prioritize, and evangelize a roadmap for new incident response capabilities, taking into account customer needs, company strategy, and technical feasibility.
- Be the product owner for an agile development team, collaborating with customer-focused engineers and designers to build great features that solve customer problems at global scale.
- Work with sales, support, customer success, marketing, and other departments to get value into customers' hands and ensure success for both them & our customers.
- Build out customer-facing best practice and implementation guides, and incorporate them into the product experience for ready access.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborate well with others - able to effectively work with colleagues from multiple teams and functions
- Aptitude for understanding complex workflows and features, and distilling them to their most important elements
- Proficiency in and enthusiasm for agile/iterative development
- 2+ years of product management experience
- Technical chops: you don't have to be a programming wizard, but you should be comfortable working closely with engineers, reading API docs, and analyzing data in SQL
- Experience developing new products using Scrum/Kanban delivery approach
- Experience building, operating, and managing SaaS products
- Domain expertise in monitoring, IT Service Desk, incident response, DevOps, or related IT support systems
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous parental leave, paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient, central Toronto office location, easily accessible to public transportation
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 10,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top