Product Manager, Event Intelligence
Why We Need You
From our humble beginnings as a YC startup, PagerDuty has grown to become the most trusted tool in on-call management and incident response. Over 10,000 customers use us to keep their systems online and deliver 24/7 uptime to their customers, and our business and product footprint are growing fast.
With our recent launch of Event Intelligence, we're adding new tools to help our largest, most complex customers turn a sea of operational data into actionable insight. We are looking for a passionate, experienced product manager to take this strategic product to the next level.
- Develop deep empathy and understanding of our ITOps and DevOps customers, and the event management and AIOps problem spaces.
- Define, prioritize, and evangelize a roadmap for new automation and intelligence capabilities, taking into account customer needs, company strategy, and technical feasibility.
- Lead an agile development team, collaborating with customer-focused engineers and designers to build great features that solve customer problems at global scale.
- Work with sales, support, customer success, marketing, and other departments to get value into customers' hands and ensure success for both them and the company.
- Deep customer empathy and a passion for improving customers' lives. The largest companies on the Internet trust us to keep them up and running, and we don't take that responsibility lightly.
- 3+ years of product management experience, ideally on a technical B2B product. You have shepherded at least one major product or feature from ideation to launch, and have the metrics to go with it.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You can effectively communicate across diverse backgrounds and contexts, and lead through influence while building relationships across the business.
- Technical chops. You don't have to be a CS wizard, but you should be comfortable working closely with engineers, reading API docs, and analyzing data in SQL.
- Proficiency in and enthusiasm for agile/iterative development.
- Bias to action and a love of getting (the right) things done.
- Domain expertise in monitoring or operations.
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience and interest in writing and technical evangelism
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous parental leave, paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub - accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 8,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top