Principal UX Designer
Principal UX Designer
Why We Need You
At PagerDuty, we strive to improve the lives of IT Operations and DevOps Engineers by
providing a reliable and usable operations performance and incident response platform.
Whether our customers are modifying their on-call schedule on the web or sleepily hitting the
'acknowledge' button on their mobile app at 2am, PagerDuty's user experience is critical to
keeping their business running. They want us to do even more--and that's why we need you!
You are adept at designing intuitive experiences that delight your users and make them
successful. You are creative and bold, but you also care deeply about understanding customers
and taking their feedback. You have a strong interest in product development and working with
others to turn your outstanding designs into beautiful reality. If we've just described you, then
How You Contribute to Our Vision
• Focus on creating the experiences for business leaders and decision-makers who want to
inform their work with timely information about business impact
• Collaborate with cross-functional scrum teams: lead user research, prototype customer flows,
design information architecture, and deliver final visual design for desktop and mobile
• Influence product development based on data-driven user research and experimentation
• "Get out of the building" and talk with leaders in the IT Operations and DevOps space to
inform your designs and help PagerDuty continue to innovate
• Assist in establishing design standards across the entire product to ensure that our customers
have a consistent and positive experience
• 8-10 or more years of service design experience
• A background in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or a related field
• The only thing that gets you more excited than designing an intuitive experience is solving real
problems for some of the most interesting and forward-thinking tech companies in the world
• You have a portfolio that demonstrates your strength in the start-to-finish of multiple, complex
• You are adept in finding the right concept fidelity for the situation
• Based on your strong empathy for customers, you will iterate and test to discover the best
design for the need
• You have been involved in user testing and can distill feedback into actionable solutions
• You are technically inclined and not afraid to look under the hood
• Experience designing responsive applications from concept through post-release updates
• The ability to use HTML/CSS/JS to conjure up working prototypes
• Helped establish a design thinking culture at a fast growing company
• Strong presentation and public-speaking skills; desire to be out in front of groups both internal
• Ability to mentor junior members of the UX team
• Connected to and active in your local UX community
Benefits to Get Excited About
In addition to working with deeply passionate and intelligent people in a dynamic environment, we also offer:
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Technology set up for your home office
- Generous parental leave, paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Monthly company wide hack days
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 8,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top