Principal Solutions Architect, Business Development & Alliances
Why We Need You
PagerDuty is one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, having recently crossed $100M in annual recurring revenue (ARR). Our offering is uniquely positioned to enhance Cloud, DevOps, IT Ops, Support, and Security with real-time operations management. Over 10,000 organizations are using PagerDuty to improve customer experience, mitigate business disruption, and increase employee productivity.
As the Principal Solutions Architect, Business Development & Alliances, you will be responsible for managing technical relationships and technical initiatives with our strategic partnerships and alliances. Reporting to the SVP Business Development & Corporate Strategy, you will manage our technical solution planning and architecting with partners, PoCs and prototyping with partners, partner enablement, technical evangelism, and develop strong technical partner relationships.
This is a strategic, high-impact role as part of the centralized team that is focused on strategic relationships with our alliance partners, expanding our integrated solutions and value propositions, driving revenue (ARR) growth through joint go-to-market (e.g., co-marketing, co-sell and field teaming, sell-through business models), and enhancing our market leadership. You will collaborate closely with alliance directors for each partnership as well as cross-functionally with product management, engineering, sales, solutions consultants, marketing, etc to develop alignment and coordinate execution.
How You Contribute to Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
- Manage technical partnering initiatives and technical relationships as part of our strategic alliances and partnership ecosystem
- Develop close relationships with key technical stakeholders in the partner organizations
- Manage technical solution planning and architecting with partners
- Manage demos, PoCs, and prototyping with partners
- Collaborate with product management and engineering on product roadmap requirements and planning for integrations that require engineering investment
- Manage technical enablement for strategic alliance partners and their technical staff (e.g., partners' SEs and consultants)
- Represent and evangelize PagerDuty's products and technology with strategic partners and in joint go-to-market initiatives (e.g., joint events, webinars, blogs)
- Coordinate with our solutions consultants on internal technical enablement for partnerships and facilitate technical field engagement as needed
- Entrepreneurial with bias for action
- Strategic perspective on how to create value through new solutions and integrations with partners
- Broad ability and interest to work with many different products and technologies across Cloud, DevOps, IT Ops
- Able to manage or coordinate multiple technical projects in parallel
- Highly collaborative externally with partners and internally (e.g., PM, Engineering, Solutions Consulting, Sales, Marketing, Support)
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of relevant professional technical experience as a pre-sales engineer, solution architect, product manager, solutions consultant, or in similar roles
- Track record of high performance in prior roles
- Hands-on experience with solutions architecting, product integrations & APIs, and customer deployments
- Able to do basic scripting (Java, php, Ruby, Perl) and fundamental knowledge of Linux
- Experience with Cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP, or other IaaS/PaaS)
- Experience with at least some DevOps and IT Ops products and processes
- Master's degree or additional years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in working with strategic partners
- Hands-on experience with SaaS environments
- Hands-on experience with IT monitoring (e.g., New Relic, AppDynamics, Datadog), analytics/logging (e.g., Splunk) and/or IT service management (e.g., ServiceNow, Atlassian)
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous parental leave, paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub - accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 10,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top