People Operations and HR Business Partner
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our global teams work together, iterate constantly, and solve complex problems to help our 8,000+ customers deliver beautiful customer experiences powered by happy teams and healthy software. PagerDuty is a place where you can do some of the most interesting, impactful, challenging, and exciting work of your career.
As our People Operations and HR Business Partner, you are a unique blend of operations and business partnering on the People team. On the People Operations side, you will closely partner on delivering our Rewards, HR Systems and Reporting and Analytics strategy, specifically as it relates to our Canadian based workforce. You will also act as the HR Business Partner for our Toronto office, acting as the point of contact for employees, resolving people-related issues, handling employee transactions, and ensuring exceptional customer service. This position reports to the Senior Director of People Operations.
- Interpret and comply with relevant legislation (Employment Standard Act, Labour Relations Act, etc...) and provides coaching, advice and counselling to management
- Work in partnership with Health & Safety Committee to assist in driving a health and safety culture
- Update HRIS and assist in developing and reporting on company-wide HR metrics
- Organize and facilitate new employee on-boarding workshops, exit interviews, and employee training
- Assist HQ with compensation benchmarking and management
- Administer benefits in partnership with People Operations headquarters team
- Partner with managers in the Engineering and Sales clients group to provide support on a number of Company initiatives (ie., Career Structure, organization planning, Talent Assessment, Performance and Rewards cycles)
- Focus on driving high levels of engagement and retention of our teams
- Provide guidance and interpretation of HR policies
- Handle employee relations matters (ie., employee development, leadership coaching, conflict resolution)
- Conduct workplace investigations and make appropriate recommendations to the Management team
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to coach managers and employees, well versed in dealing with a wide range of employee relations issues
- Experience with HRIS and applicable reporting tools
- Knowledge of benefits administration and compensation philosophy
- CHRL designation preferred
- Strong desire to create innovative, compelling programs in a fast-paced high growth technology company
- Ability to influence team members at all levels
- Effective interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Strong data analytical skills with the ability to translate data trends into key insights and recommendations
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business Administration or related field, or commensurate experience
- 5 + years experience in Human Resources, specifically focused on HR operations and HR Business Partner activities
- Current knowledge of Canadian HR Legislation and employment laws combined with the ability to interpret and communicate human resources policies and procedures
- Possess strong integrity and credibility with the ability to maintain confidentiality and manage highly sensitive information
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis
In addition to working with deeply passionate and intelligent people in a dynamic and open environment, we also offer:
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient, central Toronto office location, easily accessible to public transportation
PagerDuty does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process upon request.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top