PagerDuty is looking for a highly motivated and technically savvy professional to manage our global payroll function. We are looking for someone who can collaborate and communicate cross-functionally, who is detail-oriented and possesses strong interpersonal communication skills as you'll be interacting daily with external vendors, cross-functional departments and PagerDuty employees.
How You Contribute to our Vision
- Global payroll processing in the US and internationally for employees
- Experience processing a high volume of stock payroll transactions including RSUs, ESPP, ISOs and NQs
- Experience with expat arrangements and tax equalization
- Drive metrics and identify areas of opportunity for automation and process improvement
- Work closely with key business partners to identify areas for improvement and customer-specific solutions
- Provide analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
- Provide expertise on payroll processing in the US and internationally to ensure best practice
- Manage the payroll close process (calendar, reviews, reconciliations, analysis, reporting)
- Build appropriate internal control requirements, including maintenance of documentation for payroll related processes and providing recommendations, as appropriate. Ensure continued adherence to internal control requirements.
- Support external auditor requests, including research and analysis of audit questions
- Review and optimize current processes and procedures through continued integration of systems, enhanced automation and digitization of records
- Perform special projects or other duties as requested.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of payroll experience (public company experience preferred)
- Bachelor Degree or other similar professional accreditation
- Experience leading and managing a team preferred
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills, with a track record of successfully working with cross-functional business stakeholders
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with ADP and Workday HRIS
- Proficient with Excel (vlookup, pivot, etc.)
Benefits to Get Excited About
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily, breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 8,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top