Manager, Solutions Consulting - Enterprise West
- Flexible / Remote
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Why We Need You
Solution Consulting (Presales) is a critical part of the sales engine at PagerDuty - driving revenue and successful customers. As we continue to grow quickly we need someone to lead PagerDuty’s North America West Region Enterprise Solution Consulting team into the future. The individual taking on this role will help us grow the team, raise the bar on our execution and bring creative ideas to improve our effectiveness while also making us more efficient. The right person leading this team will have the opportunity to make a huge difference for PagerDuty, our team members and our customers.
How you contribute to our vision
- Recruiting: You ensure we continue to hire outstanding people who will help us execute where we are today and lead us well into the future. You hire them quickly!
- Develop our talent in two areas: In their current role. The expectation is that individuals are continuously getting better in their current role, regardless of what they want to do in the future. In their careers: While individuals own their careers, the person taking on this role will take a genuine interest in individuals’ careers and provide them opportunities to gain skills and experiences that will help position them for the roles they’re looking for down the road, whether they’re in your team or not.
- You constantly challenge the way things are done, looking for creative solutions to optimize for both effectiveness and efficiency.
- You have a great handle on the business. You know the deals in flight, where there’s risk and opportunity in the deals. You prioritize to ensure we’re focusing our limited bandwidth and resources on what will make the biggest difference. You manage our most expensive activities, Proofs of Value (POVs), closely with a focus on setting them up for success and communicating the value proven.
- You remove obstacles to success.
- You actively sell. This is not a desk manager role. Rather, the expectation is that the person taking on this role will be one of the best sellers. Sales reps / managers and SCs will actively be pulling this individual into deals because of their credibility and ability to move things forward.
- Real-time coaching: Where you’re not directly contributing in deals you’ll be providing real-time coaching to Solution Consultants and reps on what went well and what changes will make the team even more successful.
- You contribute to our product direction by ensuring our product team sees what customers are looking for, market changes, etc.
- You inspire your team to bring their best every day.
- You build bridges across the organization (e.g. with support, success, services, product, etc.) to make sure we’re collaborating effectively to drive customer success and sales results.
- You genuinely believe that our people come first. Their success drives the success of both our customers and our company. You have a track record of growing individuals in their current role and into new roles.
- You have a history of building great and sustainably successful Solution Consulting teams.
- You’re hands on. If you need to get your hands dirty and do the same work our individual contributors do, you do it and you use it as an opportunity to show folks what great looks like.
- You believe in transparency with your team, your customers, your manager and all key stakeholders.
- You’re a trusted partner to your aligned sales leader. You earn a seat at the table for yourself and your organization.
- You embrace our culture of diversity and inclusion.
- You have demonstrable technical and ecosystem knowledge, e.g. experience with real-time engineering, DevOps, distributed systems, APIs, SaaS, cloud technologies (As mentioned above, this is not a desk manager position.)
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K with 1% match
Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top