Manager of Community Events and Content
Why We Need You
Our vision for the PagerDuty Community is to create a place for IT practitioners to engage with other practitioners and experts at PagerDuty to learn and improve the practice of their craft, ideally by leveraging PagerDuty products and the PD platform.
As the Manager of community events and content, you'll work within the Community team, reporting to our Chief Technical Officer, to organize and manage all of our community events and community content programs. You'll work with internal teams, industry organizations and external vendors to deliver world class event programs that drive successful results against strategic objectives, timelines and financial goals. You'll also work with subject-matter experts both internally at PagerDuty and externally to drive our community content programs and publish high quality thought leadership content relevant to our community. The ideal candidate thrives under pressure, loves to travel and has a passion for event and content production and logistics.
Community Event Management
- You will be responsible for managing all community event sponsorships, ranging from large events to smaller local events and Meetups. This includes all event logistics end-to-end: planning; schedule and deadline tracking; managing swag, contests and giveaways; shipping; booth logistics, shipping, set-up, teardown; training and scheduling staff to run the booth; tracking contacts; budget management, contracts and payments; etc.
- You will help us scale our presence at Meetups by engaging with both PD employees internally and with external community members to organize and/or sponsor Meetups and local user group globally around the world.
- You will organize and run our program to encourage engineers, product managers and other employees at PD to speak at various conferences, trade shows, Meetups, user groups, etc.
- As part of this, you will track speaking submission deadlines for a variety of conferences.
- You will also create a "speaker desk" program to help aspiring speakers brainstorm ideas and topics for new conference talks, provide feedback on presentation decks, and provide feedback, advice and training on public speaking.
- You will organize and run our program to encourage engineers and product managers at PD to write interesting, engaging content that will appeal to our engineering and devops audience.
- You will work closely with our technical employees to help draw out content ideas, maintain a content calendar, provide editorial support, and publish and promote great content to the community.
- Very strong organizational skills. Ability to work smart under pressure and efficiently on multiple project requests simultaneously in a fast-paced environment where tight deadlines and unexpected complexities can crop up.
- Accountability for results and team effectiveness. Strong time management and multitasking skills, flexibility and professional confidence.
- Very strong communication skills, verbal and written. Can MC an event in front of a live audience without skipping a beat.
- Influencer: can evangelize our community efforts internally and encourage subject matter experts at PD to volunteer to create high quality conference talks and thought leadership content.
- Metrics-driven through-and-through. Cares deeply about measuring and setting goals for our community events and community content.
- Hands on with a fine attention to detail.
- 4+ years of demonstrated success in managing events and conferences
- BA/BS degree from accredited four-year college or university.
In addition to working with deeply passionate and intelligent people in a dynamic and open environment, we also offer:
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous parental leave, paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient, central Toronto office location, easily accessible to public transportation
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 10,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top