Manager, Business Systems
- Flexible / Remote
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is looking for a Manager of Business Systems to help lead a high-performing team responsible for developing and supporting our core Sales systems. In this role, you will continue to build and lead a team that implements and supports business technology enabling the Technical Operations team at PagerDuty. You will use your business insight plus your expertise in the newest technologies to provide creative solutions to drive change across the sales and quote to cash process leveraging Salesforce and other technology partners. You will partner closely with leaders and teams across PagerDuty to understand business needs and help drive scalable business processes and technical solutions.
You will mentor a team of administrators and developers who are passionate about solving end user problems. You will make meaningful contributions to the success of the Business Technology organization and our mission of providing outstanding technology.
- Hire, lead, and develop Salesforce System Administrators, Salesforce Developers, and product leads while being actively involved in running and growing business initiatives, as both a team member and a mentor.
- Lead planning that is aligned to business strategy and management to administrators and developers who deliver technology solutions impacting the sales, finance, legal, marketing, and growth teams at PagerDuty.
- Establish and adhere to standard methodologies in business systems analysis, design, and test to ensure the team is providing outstanding quality work and is continuously gaining trust from stakeholders.
- Partner with other technical and engineering teams to align technology decisions, development standards/practices, and overall strategy.
- Partner with business functions to ensure value is delivered through innovative and effective solutions.
- Support compliance/SOX efforts to continually improve our controls over key systems.
- 8-10 years’ experience in a leadership position for a business systems function or similar responsibilities supporting a mid-to-large scale global sales organization.
- Strong leadership skills, executive presence, and communication skills.
- Experience working and communicating with senior internal stakeholder teams with a track record of delivering quality solutions that increase productivity and efficiency.
- Ability to juggle multiple, changing priorities while working in a dynamic and demanding environment.
- Strong experience in Salesforce and its related ecosystem, including finance systems and tools supporting finance, sales, & marketing organizations.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and concepts.
- Demonstrated ability leveraging technology to define, refine, and implement processes, procedures, and policies.
- Ability to navigate successfully in ambiguous situations and design effective processes.
- Ability to project manage and problem-solve in an Agile development environment.
- SaaS industry experience is a plus, including experience in both sales-assisted and online self-service environments.
- Prior Salesforce developer certification + development experience is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ.
- Familiarity with Zuora, Netsuite, and Marketo.
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top