Why We Need You
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 8,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers. They rely on our mobile apps to gain insight and respond to critical disruptions on the go. PagerDuty on mobile is trusted by hundreds of users every single day - we need people who are passionate to help us shape the way others see mobile in the incident management space!
We are not afraid to use the the latest and greatest tools and languages, such as Swift 3, for our apps to deliver a great iOS phone, tablet, and wearable device experience. We're looking for an iOS engineer to join our Mobile Engineering group. As a member of the team, you will use your knowledge of the iOS platform to make the PagerDuty mobile experience the best it can possibly be.
How You Contribute To Our Vision
We've got a great foundation, but need your help to build the next generation of our iOS applications! You will get a chance to work in all of our mobile code bases and the APIs that power them.
- Design and implement new user-facing features in iOS
- Build and develop the core mobile infrastructure and tooling around the mobile frameworks
- Help drive and define mobile standards by participating in code reviews
- Collaborate with product and UX to deliver the highest quality mobile experiences to all of our supported devices
- Experience in at least one of: Swift, Objective-C, C++, or C# (preferably Swift)
- Knowledge of iOS SDK, Cocoapods, and concepts like Interface Builder & Autolayout
- Knowledge of iOS performance tools and optimization techniques
- At least 3 years developing web or mobile applications
- Fearlessly self-driven
- Empathy - you can clearly communicate your thoughts and opinions to others
You May Also Have
- Experience in working with REST-based APIs
- Exposure to iOS testing with XCTest/KIF or EarlGrey
- Built a mobile app (even if it was just for fun and not launched) with iOS SDK, or Swift
- Knowledge of MVC application design and reactive, touch-based UI
- Development experience working on customer-facing and web frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails, Django, CakePHP, or similar
- Contributions to open source projects (doesn't have to be mobile-related)
- An eye for sleek design
- Clear communication and ability to understand the needs of our customers
Benefits to Get Excited About
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterward) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company-wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily, breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni, and CalTrain
How We Work
PagerDuty Engineering teams are set up to be mini innovation pods. We practice what we preach, and believe that every engineer can build great products to delight our thousands of customers.
Teams are set up to be able to achieve success autonomously while remaining accountable for results. Every team has full vertical ownership of their own services and are able to release as frequently as they want to. We practice the mantra of 'Code It. Ship It. Own It.' and believe that teams are most successful when they are able to own every decision in order to run their software. Every team gets to be a part of our growth by building highly resilient and durable software that scales from our startup customers to Fortune 100 companies.
We deploy over 1000 times a month and every engineer is able to ship high quality software to production on their own. Teams own their own tests and yes, we use PagerDuty to manage incidents. Teams own their own way of working and can use the agile practices of their choice to work collaboratively via incremental delivery.
We support engineers to explore ideas via monthly Hack Days, actively attack our own infrastructure weekly to learn and get better, host an annual internal technical conference called PagerCon, ask our engineers to represent PagerDuty at industry events, and contribute to the open source community.
Each team has a dedicated Engineering Manager, Product Manager, and agile coach to help support our people and teams to be successful. We believe that Management is a separate skill set and have different career paths for our engineers and managers including a full 'stay technical' career track.About Us
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 8,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top