Head of Revenue Operations
PagerDuty is building out its global accounting function and is looking to recruit an experienced professional to build-out and run its global revenue operations. Reporting to the Company's Vice President and Controller and based at PagerDuty's global headquarters in San Francisco, California, the newly-created position of Head of Revenue Operations will play a pivotal new role supporting the Company's continued track record of strong revenue growth and driving a scalable and efficient operation.
The ideal candidate will have a background in the software industry with experience in the quote-to-cash process, deal desk, and strong revenue acumen. The Head of Revenue Operations is intended to be the subject matter expert and Company lead on global revenue accounting topics, bookings execution, and related analytics, reporting and issues management. They will be responsible for building-out and running order management, revenue recognition, commissions accounting, billing and accounts receivable from a functional standpoint.
Importantly, the Head of Revenue Operations will play a key leadership role in the overall Accounting organization around change management, process and controls improvement, scaling revenue operations and supporting infrastructure, and developing a team of professionals. As the company experiences strong continued growth, the Head of Revenue Operations will play a key role in scaling the business.
The Head of Revenue Operations will be responsible for proactively supporting the Company's deal teams consisting of the Contracts, Sales, Financial Planning & Analysis and Accounting teams with proper accounting guidance, creating and maintaining revenue policies and customer contracts related policies, driving an internal customer service approach in working with other functional areas, and building and maintaining an effective internal control environment.
- Position oversees the Manager of Revenue Accounting and the Billing and Collections Manager, and their underlying teams responsible for revenue recognition accounting, compliance and reporting, and the Company's global billing and collections operations.
- Determine proper accounting treatment pursuant to ASC 605 and related GAAP pronouncements, and the Company's Revenue Recognition Policy based upon the interpretation of customer contracts.
- Finish evaluating the impact of ASC 606 and implement it appropriately.
- Provide proper and proactive accounting guidance in support of deal teams.
- Create processes and controls to ensure data integrity and promote operational efficiency.
- Develop documents and communicates policies and procedures.
- Lead and manage monthly booking, revenue, deferred revenue analyses.
- Drive development of workflows and SOX documentation around revenue, billing, collections and related processes.
- Work closely with the Sales and Sales Ops functions, as well as colleagues in Accounting, Finance, Engineering and Technical Operations teams to identify and implement process and system improvements within the quote-to-cash ecosystem.
- Participate in new service rollout planning.
- Lead and perform periodic revenue assurance audits.
- Oversee Commissions Accounting activities and payout execution on accurate and timely basis.
- Work with product managers to analyze roadmaps for new billing and product functionality.
- Perform user acceptance testing on new functionality.
- Define and manage the customer master, billing, credit and collections processes for world class operations; innovate and improve billing cycles and improve overall efficiency throughout the ecosystem by sharing best practices and providing best in class reporting.
- Develop collection and accounts receivable targets and performance improvements.
- Review and analyze aging reports to identify trends, issues and opportunities.
- Participate in monthly review of balance sheet and accounts receivables ensuring issues have been identified and have a corresponding action plan.
- Provide leadership in establishing and managing collection priorities.
- Define key performance indicators and improve efficiencies within the revenue, billing and collections processes
- Communicate with senior management as necessary to provide updates on bookings, revenue attainment, cash collections and health of receivables ecosystem.
- Participate in the collection of large, outstanding enterprise customer accounts by assisting with coordinating legal and/or collection resources.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance required. CPA strongly preferred, but not required.
- 8-10 years of progressive experience within an accounting organization; preferably within a high-growth environment; multi-national experience with at least $100m in annual revenues required.
- Minimum of 5 years in a leadership/management position in an accounting organization, with demonstrated ability and track record of success in driving change and improve operations.
- Experience with Big-4 or equivalent national accounting firm is highly desirable.
- Software revenue recognition experience in a technology and/or services company or working with a software company in an external audit capacity is highly desirable.
- Experience with one or more financial ERP/general ledger systems is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence management and contributors at all levels of the organization and across functions.
- A proven leader in training and developing high-performing teams; a proactive leader and effective coach committed to the development and engagement of their team.
- Strong interpersonal skills: the ability to build relationships, a good listener with outstanding interpersonal influencing qualities and a natural, effective consultative style.
- An individual who is respected for their opinions and counsel and that can forge and maintain close relationships across stakeholders.
- Ability to respond to, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest of standards for completeness and accuracy.
- Effective and decisive under pressure.
- Independent/flexible problem-solver with ability to positively cope with change.
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills – can coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a high-paced business culture. Proficiency in Excel is needed.
- High-energy, passionate leader who is focused on improving things and making a difference.
Benefits to Get Excited About
In addition to working with deeply passionate and intelligent people in a dynamic and open environment, we also offer:
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily, breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top