Global Compliance Program Manager
Why We Need You
As our Global Compliance Program Manager, you will design and manage programs to fuel PagerDuty's expansion into global enterprise markets. Reporting to the head of Program Management for Product Development, you will work across organizational boundaries to establish compliance and globalization programs that coordinate product development with operations and go-to-market teams to meet the demands of our global market.
How You Contribute to Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
- Lead program planning exercises to create and maintain program roadmaps and plans
- Establish a compliance program at PagerDuty to achieve and maintain compliance as reflected in successful audits, certifications, and compliance reports
- Maintain processes and team culture to support continuous improvement and team health
- Coach team contributors to help them achieve the best possible outcome
- Help teams design controls and reports as required to meet compliance requirements
- Develop a Program Management Play Book to help others establish effective programs
- Expertise with data protection concepts and experience establishing data protection practices
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and managing audit workflows across multiple teams
- Deep understanding of agile development concepts coupled with practical experience applying agile development practices at scale
- A strong bias towards action and getting stuff done
- Exceptionally clear communication skills- you'll need to communicate effectively with all levels and roles at PagerDuty
- Metrics driven
- 6+ years of program / project management experience in software development organizations
- Familiarity with contemporary project and issue management tools
- Work experience with SaaS product offerings
- Extensive data protection and security project management experience
- Compliance and audit preparation experience with SOC 2, FedRAMP, ISO 27001:2013, GDPR, or Privacy Shield
- Experience with data protection in a cloud environment
- Product and channel globalization
- Work experience in a fast growth startup or small company environment
In addition to working with deeply passionate and intelligent people in a dynamic and open environment, we also offer:
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily, breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub - accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty Engineering teams are set up to be mini innovation pods. We practice what we preach, and believe that every engineer can build great products to delight our thousands of customers.
Teams are set up to be able to achieve success autonomously while remaining accountable for results. Every team has full vertical ownership of their own services and are able to release as frequently as they want to. We practice the mantra of 'Code It. Ship It. Own It.' and believe that teams are most successful when they are able to own every decision in order to run their software. Every team gets to be a part of our growth by building highly resilient and durable software that scales from our startup customers to Fortune 100 companies.
We deploy over 1000 times a month and every engineer is able to ship high quality software to production on their own. Teams own their own tests and yes, we use PagerDuty to manage incidents. Teams own their own way of working and can use the agile practices of their choice to work collaboratively via incremental delivery.
We support engineers to explore ideas via monthly Hack Days, actively attack our own infrastructure weekly to learn and get better, host an annual internal technical conference called PagerCon, ask our engineers to represent PagerDuty at industry events, and contribute to the open source community.
Each team has a dedicated Engineering Manager, Product Owner, and agile coach to help support our people and teams to be successful. We believe that Management is a separate skill set and have different career paths for our engineers and managers including a full 'stay technical' career track.
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 8,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Director of Engineering Data Science
Wendy works closely with data experience team members and product managers to determine the best machine learning application investments for the organization.
Back to top