Global Benefits Manager
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our global teams work together, iterate constantly, and solve complex problems to help our 8,000+ customers deliver beautiful customer experiences powered by happy teams and healthy software. PagerDuty is a place where you can do some of the most interesting, impactful, challenging, and exciting work of your career.
As our Global Benefits Manager, you are responsible to deliver exceptional benefits offerings that enable us to recruit and retain our top talent! Reporting to the Senior Director, People Operations, you are the subject matter expert and employee resource for all things related to benefits, managing the day to day oversight and administration of our benefits program. You will participate in the design and implementation of our benefits programs in the U.S. and internationally, serving as the liaison with global vendors and consultants.
- Lead the annual benchmarking, assessment and re-design of our domestic benefits programs and implement any desired changes.
- Regularly assess innovative practices and trends in employee benefits and wellness and recommend new approaches to allow us to remain competitive, specifically in the high-tech industry.
- Manage relationships with benefits broker (U.S. and international)
- Assist in design and fully administer benefit programs, including standard healthcare plans, 401k plan, leaves of absence, accommodation policies, and other offerings.
- Assist employees and managers with all benefits inquiries, as well as processing annual and new hire enrollment, LOAs, and qualified life events.
- Manage the benefits invoicing, payment, reconciliation process, addressing discrepancies and issue resolution.
- Ensure company compliance with federal, state, and local laws and reporting requirements.
- Manage the annual open enrollment process.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Understanding of benefits theory, best practice, and standards
- Strong desire to create innovative, compelling programs in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to influence team members at all levels
- Effective interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Strong data analytical skills with the ability to translate data trends into key insights and recommendations
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business Administration or related field, or commensurate experience
- 5 + years experience in Human Resources, specifically focused on benefits and preferably at a global employer
- Deep knowledge of U.S. requirements regarding employer benefit plans
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
In addition to working with deeply passionate and intelligent people in a dynamic and open environment, we also offer:
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily, breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process upon request.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top