Why We Need You
PagerDuty is building-out its global Finance function and is looking to recruit an experienced finance professional for the newly-created position of FP&A Analyst to help drive a comprehensive finance program around the Company's global business reporting, forecasting & planning, and business intelligence activities. Reporting to the Company's VP, Finance and based at PagerDuty's headquarters in San Francisco, the Analyst will help drive the company's day-to-day financial planning and analysis, management reporting operations, including the design and execution of the Company's financial planning and analysis, business transaction support and business intelligence activities.In this role, you will have the opportunity to have gain invaluable experience through daily interactions with senior management and have a significant impact throughout all areas of PagerDuty's operations.
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- Develop, analyze, and interpret financial and operating results and information; improve forecast accuracy and visibility.
- Serve as key business partner and contributor to growth strategies, tactics, mid and long-range planning.
- Participate in the preparation and review of annual budgets and the implementation of rolling 8-quarter forecasting for the purposes of providing visibility into the business and establishing financial guidance targets.
- Play a key role in the implementation, use and continued refinement of PagerDuty's financial planning system.
- Identify the Key Performance Indicators that measure the competitive, financial, and operational effectiveness of the Company.
- Participate in the evolution and execution of financial updates for various internal and external stakeholders, including CEO, executive leaders and the Company's Board of Directors.
- Provide additional support and contributions to such company initiatives as new business and M&A opportunities.
- Support the financial evaluation and implications of potential new products, operating models, contracts, marketing programs and technology solutions.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and financial analysis and presentations for executive management and the Board of Directors.
- Help develop and implement frameworks for effective investment decision making, such as ROI, EVA, and Economic Profit analytical tools to ensure decisions are made in alignment with the creation of shareholder value.
- Special project support as assigned by the VP, Finance.
- B.S. in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent, from a leading undergraduate institution; MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- 3-5 years financial analysis experience from a leading public accounting, investment bank, consulting, Fortune 500 or high growth firm
- Demonstrated prowess in financial and strategic planning, including core competencies in budgeting and reporting, financial modeling and analysis, capital budgeting and good familiarity with corporate accounting.
- Excellent analytical, modeling and communication skills, in-depth experience with financial statement analysis and a strong understanding of corporate finance concepts.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of Netsuite and Adaptive Planning a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. A good listener with outstanding influencing qualities and a natural, effective consultative style. We are looking for someone who has the ability to net out the important issues.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task; an independent / flexible problem solver who can cope positively with changes in the work environment.
- Demonstrated history and ability dealing with executive management.
- Ability to respond and prioritize effectively while meeting deadlines
Benefits to Get Excited About
In addition to working with deeply passionate and intelligent people in a dynamic and open environment, we also offer:
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily, breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top