Enterprise Product Manager
Why We Need You
From our humble beginnings as a YC startup, PagerDuty has grown to become the most trusted tool in incident management tool. We are used by over 7500 customers in critical situations and all have slightly different needs. That's why 1000 developers start using our API to solve their event and incident management issues each month.
We're doubling down on these successes with investments in the platform aspects of our product. We need you to work with our partners, customers and developers to prioritize, design, validate, and execute in an iterative delivery approach to enhance the platform capabilities of PagerDuty.
Rather than making an infinitely complicated product, we're making an infinitely extensible platform. You'll own those extension points.
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- Define and prioritize platform enhancements that address customer needs: These include, user roles, profiles, object & field level access controls (ACLs) and Org Structure, hierarchy, object sharing.
- Advocate for our larger customers and ensure we are solving their problems the right way.
- Work with the engineering team on Platform to get these new features into our customers' hands – you don't get any points until customers are using it.
- Knowing all the moving parts and understanding enhancements that will increase value to our customers.
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years of product management experience.
- You will have experience with SSO, LDAP and/or "Permissions" as a part of building enterprise requirements into a product or platform.
- Technical experience workflow configuration, development of reporting, and development of integration components.
- Experience in new product development in Agile/Scrum delivery approach.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effectively balance strategic/business acumen with deep-dive technical/engineering.
- A passion for getting things done.
Great to have
- A good understanding of administrative functionality of an Enterprise product like CRM, SFA or ERP.
- Expertise in Enterprise Product Management.
- Passionate and credible Evangelist to champion our Incident Management Platform in the market.
- Experience helping with late stage sales and customer success. It's not uncommon for ease of development to be a criteria for evaluation on larger deals.
- C.S. Degree and/or Enterprise Software Development Experience.
Benefits to Get Excited About
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily, breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 8,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top