Director, Product Marketing
We're looking for a market guru who will grow our market leadership. You are growth and brand leader who uses insights, intuition and data to lead our go-to-market strategy and execution. Working with the VP of Product and Solutions Marketing, you are responsible for building market and customer motivation understanding, messaging and positioning for both the product and company and all the necessary programs to enable demand generation, sales and product to accelerate growth and market leadership.
This role is highly visible and cross-functional, requiring communication with executive management and working directly with product management, demand generation, sales leadership and partners. This individual will also need to manage timely deliverables with strong communication and cross-functional partnering skills, and has the ability to gain shared vision on challenging decisions. Candidates must have a 'can do' attitude and be comfortable working in a multi-faceted, fast changing environment.
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- Develop messaging to establish our leadership among our target markets, influencers, investors and media
- Identify target customer segments and relevant personas working with product management; develop compelling value propositions to meet the needs of each persona
- Influence product roadmap and business strategy with understanding of market and customer; advocate for the right investments
- Ensure all product launches are maximized for the biggest bang: Manage and execute all product launches increase value and conversion and to drive adoption
- Enable sales to win! Develop appropriate sales and partner training, launch and messaging materials to arm the field
- Support PR and awareness activities with content, materials and speaking as needed
- Work closely with customers to make customer marketing the foundation of go to market activities
- Evangelize the solution externally with analyst and press. Support the field in customer and prospect meetings to drive revenue
- 7+ years of technology product marketing
- Experience marketing, selling SaaS and Saas revenue models
- Domain expertise or strong understanding of IT Ops
- Proven success developing and managing product go-to-market plans, with responsibility for revenue a plus
- Experience growing a company overall several critical growth stages (e.g. from $10M to $100M in revenue)
- Demonstrated leadership and motivational management style with the ability to align roles with strengths and mentor for development
- Experience working directly with senior management, direct sales and partners
- Strong business acumen is a must, as well as strong analytical and strategic thinking skills with ability to draw conclusions based on data
- Experience doing market research and analysis, detailed competitor and/or pricing analyses
- Exceptional ability to develop messaging that compels buyers to buy.
- A passion for customer service and for our customers' success.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to articulate a product vision and messages, especially translating technical concepts into clear, compelling language
- Self-motivated, capable of working in a dynamic environment
- High level of professionalism -- must thrive on teamwork, overcoming obstacles and gaining shared vision on complex issues
- Detail and results oriented; skilled at both planning and hands-on execution
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- BA/BS required
Benefits to Get Excited About
In addition to working with deeply passionate and intelligent people in a dynamic and open environment, we also offer:
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily, breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top