Director Product Management, Platform & Ecosystem
- San Francisco, CA
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty wrote the book on Modern Incident Response (literally). We are the recognized market and thought leader and have generated a deep affinity with our DevOps community. We're looking for a visionary Director of Product Management to define, drive and deliver our next versions for our thousands of customers. Whether your IT operations group is managing an aging monolith or your full-stack developers are developing and managing hundreds or thousands of microservices, our SaaS products help them keep it all running, minimizing on call efforts and ultimately reducing meantime to resolution (MTTR).
Our product managers create and drive long term strategy by innovating on behalf of customers, analyzing key metrics, and by working directly with customers on developing new product features and roadmaps. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission being the platform that reduces time and effort for urgent work across the org, when seconds matter, covering both reactive (website/service down) and proactive (capitalizing on new opportunities quickly).
At PagerDuty, we’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams, to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Why We Need You
The Director, Product Management will be responsible for leading the platform product team and defining, driving and delivering product capabilities that extend PagerDuty’s ecosystem. PagerDuty today interoperates with over 350 products in the ecosystem out-of-the-box, enabling PagerDuty to act as the central platform for real-time operations.
As the Director, Product Management for the platform team, you manage a team of product managers and partner with engineering to build capabilities that enable partners, customers, and other internal PagerDuty teams. This includes APIs and other extensibility tools, integrations with strategic partners, and the PagerDuty app marketplace.
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- Drive the product vision, strategy and the product roadmap for the PagerDuty platform
- Build compelling business cases that articulate the value for new investment areas
- Make prioritization and trade-off decisions based on concrete research and analysis
- Define and prioritize product enhancements that address customer needs
- Sell the vision of the PagerDuty platform roadmap internally and externally to partners, developers and customers
- Create and deliver compelling product strategy content and messages
- Work closely with product development to understand tradeoffs and optimize planning
- Understand competitive solutions and market forces to derive product planning implications
- Guide go-to-market strategies and messaging by collaborating early with product marketing and partner marketing teams
- Partner closely with Business Development to identify and analyze strategic partner alliances
- Act as an advocate for the customer to ensure we are solving the right problems in the right way
- Lead, coach and develop a talented team of product managers
- 10+ years of strategic product planning and product execution experience
- People management experience; building, leading and mentoring high performing teams
- Experience working with large enterprise customers
- Experience building platform tooling for partners
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to partner and collaborate cross-functionally and at all levels
- Effectively balance strategic/business acumen with deep-dive technical/engineering
- Innovative thinker, get stuff done attitude, be a positive disruptive force for change
- SaaS software experience
- Experience launching and building an app marketplace
- Experience building a customizable platform
- Former developer; understanding of developer persona and needs
- Passionate and credible evangelist to champion PagerDuty in the market
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K with 1% match
Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top