Director, Product Management - Event Intelligence
- San Francisco, CA
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next—at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is reimagining event management, with our easy to use and fully scalable Event Intelligence product that enables DevOps and ITOps teams to work smarter and solve problems faster. As Director/Senior Director of Product Management, Event Intelligence, you’ll lead our quickly growing and strategically important event intelligence product.
- Own shared revenue goals with sales and own adoption goals for Event Intelligence
- Take our current product to the next level, leading and overseeing product strategy and market needs definition, investment prioritization, and business case development.
- Lead and grow a world-class team of Product Managers, while creating and evolving the ideal organizational design
- Clearly articulate the vision and product plans within the company; drive alignment with development, executives, and the rest of the company behind your vision
- Build relationships with our largest customers and support sales efforts as needed
- Partner closely with the Data Science team to develop unique and market-leading capabilities that leverage PagerDuty’s unique dataset. Partner with Engineering to come up with engaging, realistic roadmaps, assess the resources needed to deliver those roadmaps, and align those resources to the proper priorities.
- Partner with the pricing function to determine appropriate monetization strategies
- Partner closely with product marketing and sales enablement to take your product to market and ensure effective training and messaging on new products and features and their value is delivered
- Track the success of the product and launched features, drive adoption within the product, and adjust plans as needed to react to the market
What You Bring
- 10+ years work experience with a minimum of 5 years in product management or product development in the software industry
- Bachelor's degree
- A real passion for developing a market-leading product line that leverages PagerDuty’s unique dataset and focuses on helping our customers improve their digital operations
- An ability to gain deep understanding of customers and different target personas, and to develop a vision for creatively solving customer problems
- Experience managing and growing a multi-layered team of product managers
- Experience and understanding of data science techniques, or experience working closely with data scientists
- Proven ability to take products from concept to commercial success
- Analytical mind & strong problem-solving capabilities evidenced by a proven ability to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze product concepts, strategic opportunities, and competitive threats
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills so that messages can be succinctly delivered across the company and to market
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to develop relationships with and work closely with customers
What You Might Also Bring
- A background in managing and developing Enterprise SaaS products
- A fail fast mentality
- Familiarity with agile processes and proven ability to quickly go from concept to MVP in customer hands
- MBA degree
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K with 1% match
Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top