Director Product Management, Applications
Why We Need You
The Director, Product Management will be responsible for defining, driving and delivering product capabilities for the Applications group at PagerDuty. The Applications group is responsible for the mobile app, APIs and other extensibility tools, app ecosystem, front-end platform, enterprise, and other capabilities that span across the PagerDuty product offering, and drive value for customers, partners, and other internal PagerDuty teams that build capabilities on top of these offers.
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- You will manage a team of application team product managers, driving the product vision, strategy and the product roadmap for the PagerDuty platform
- Build compelling business cases that articulates the value for new product/feature development
- Make prioritization and trade-off decisions based on concrete research and analysis
- Define and prioritize product enhancements that address customer needs
- Sell the vision of the PagerDuty platform roadmap internally and externally to customers
- Create and deliver compelling product strategy content and messages
- Work closely with product development to understand tradeoffs and optimize planning
- Understand competitive solutions and market forces to derive product planning implications
- Guide go-to-market strategies and messaging by collaborating early with business stakeholders
- Partner closely with Business Development to identify and analyze strategic partner alliances
- Champion the use of Agile/Scrum as our internal development methodology
- Act as an advocate for the customer to ensure we are solving the right problems in the right way
- Lead, coach and develop a talented team of product managers
- 7+ years of strategic product planning and product execution experience
- People management experience; building, leading and mentoring high performing teams
- Expertise in Enterprise product management
- Partner relationship management and/or app store experience
- Experience in new product development in Agile/Scrum delivery approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to partner and collaborate cross-functionally and at all levels
- Effectively balance strategic/business acumen with deep-dive technical/engineering
- Innovative thinker, get stuff done attitude, be a positive disruptive force for change
- Passionate and credible evangelist to champion PagerDuty in the market
- SaaS software experience
Benefits to get Excited About
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily, breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 8,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top