Director of Product Management, Analytics
Why We Need You
We are seeking a Director of Product Management to develop and lead our strategically important analytics product line. The ideal candidate will have a real passion for developing data-driven insights. You enjoy gaining a deep understanding of your target customer, and developing a vision for creatively solving customer problems. You are a team player and enjoy working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. You enjoy figuring out a new space and setting strategic product direction, helping align tactical implementation with corporate strategy.
You will build out a new product line for the company from the ground up, leading market need definition, feature prioritization, and business case development for our analytics offerings. You will also work directly with customers to determine new product offerings, pilot those products and make product decisions based on the resulting data.
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- Research the market through customer meetings, internal stakeholders, and competitive intelligence in order to develop an analytics product strategy
- Prioritize product needs to create a roadmap that aligns with company strategy and complements existing product
- Build business cases and analytical support/insight for new business initiatives; this requires identifying and understanding key issues for particular customer personas, quantitatively analyzing these issues, and communicating key insights and results
- Clearly articulate the vision and analytics product line plans within the company; drive alignment with development and the rest of the company behind your vision
- Develop detailed user stories and work closely with the UX team to create product mocks
- Monitor and analyze the competitive landscape
- Partner with the pricing function to determine appropriate monetization strategies
- Provide training and messaging on new products and features and their value, and work with product marketing and sales enablement to take those products to market effectively
- Work closely with customers from concept through launch, sharing concepts, running betas, or otherwise getting feedback throughout the process
- Track the success of launched products and adjust accordingly
- You are inspiring, collaborative, drive diversity goals, and enjoy learning and teaching others.
- Problem Solver – whatever the topic may be, you understand how to reason through it in a crisp, smart, thoughtful manner
- Leadership – you understand how to manage a cross-functional team, gaining alignment and expanding your sphere of influence through working with others
- Driven – you work hard and always strive to get to the right, most compelling answer
- Team Player – you enjoy working on a fast-paced team, and know when you are in over your head and need to ask for help
- Passionate – always learning new things, you enjoy your work and want to grow along with the rest of the team
- Scrappy – you subscribe to a philosophy of getting things done quickly and iterating often
- Data Driven – you enjoy looking at data and finding new ways to make data useful for customers
- 10+ years work experience; minimum 5+ years in product management or product plus development in the software industry, with strong preference for background in managing SaaS products.
- Experience managing analytics products, ideally developing the concepts for and launching analytics products
- Analytical mind & strong problem-solving capabilities evidenced by a proven ability to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze product concepts, strategic opportunities and competitive threats
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional teams Strong communication skills so that messages can be succintly delivered across the company and to market
- Excellent listening skills; ability to develop relationships with and work closely with customers
- Strong organizational skills; able to juggle several projects at the same time while staying focused on the highest priority one
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred.
Benefits to Get Excited About
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily, breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 8,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top