Director of Pricing
The Director of Pricing will be responsible for driving continued development of pricing strategy and directing pricing related activities for PagerDuty. The Director will collaborate with teams across multiple functions to create value based pricing & focus on SaaS strategies that support the company growth and margin targets. The Director will act as a subject matter expert providing pricing best practices, guidance, management and training, bringing analytical rigor, strategic insights and business judgment to pricing decisions.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Manage and drive SaaS pricing and packaging strategy globally across all PagerDuty products and services
- Provide best practice guidance and rules around enterprise level pricing
- Work with the individual product managers to price and package new functionality
- Engage cross-functional leaders in the development and socialization of new pricing strategies. Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure buy-in and successful implementation
- Work with product marketing and sales enablement on value prop articulation for pricing packages
- Drive analysis on effectiveness of pricing by region, product and customer segment
- Identify opportunities to increase revenue from existing products and services through new pricing and packaging strategies
- Support regional teams charged with recommending sales/margin opportunities via pricing initiatives at the region, product and customer segment level
- Drive analysis on effectiveness of pricing by region, product and customer segment levels
- Develop and monitor metrics to measure the effectiveness of pricing policy, implement necessary changes, and support business processes & pricing decision making capabilities
- Develop lifecycle pricing management capabilities to support solution roadmap & maximize financial return via pricing optimization
- 5+ years of specific experience supporting and managing pricing decisions
- Proven track record of leading pricing efforts in enterprise & B2B software solutions, with demonstrated expertise in value based pricing development
- Specific SaaS pricing strategy expertise
- Knowledge and application of pricing best practices to large-scale product rollouts
- Exhibits a passion for understanding pricing strategies and execution methodologies
- Superior strategic, analytical, problem solving, cross-functional influence and organizational skills
- Ability to influence various constituents, including senior management, by communicating concepts clearly and credibly to multiple audiences
- Global pricing experience, specifically in Europe and Australia, as well as rest of the world
- Bachelors Degree
In addition to working with deeply passionate and intelligent people in a dynamic and open environment, we also offer:
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily, breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top