Director of Enterprise Business Intelligence & Architecture
Why We Need You
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our global teams work together, iterate constantly, and solve complex problems to help our 8,000+ customers deliver beautiful customer experiences powered by happy teams and healthy software. PagerDuty is a place where you can do some of the most interesting, impactful, challenging, and exciting work of your career.
As Director of DataDuty and Architecture your mission would be to shape the future of analytics and decision-making support for the company, in addition to building the integration amongst the various business systems and managing the data life cycle and its governance. In partnership with the IT Data Delivery and Business Systems team, advocating and building a data driven culture. This role will partner with, and influence, all levels of the organization from C-level to practitioners, to help drive this culture. We are seeking an experienced Director to lead a group of highly talented engineers in San Francisco and Toronto. This team is critical component for the PagerDuty IT, enabling fact based decision making, scalability and processes. This role reports to VP of Information Systems.
- Determine how the company will visualize and represent data publicly and internally.
- Partner with business stakeholders, technology leaders, product owners, operations team, and data governance groups to continuously evolve out data strategy to help grow the business.
- Find data patterns that indicate opportunities for operational efficiency in the company's go to market strategy (finance, marketing, sales, and customer success).
- Working with the executive team, establish KPIs that will be measured, monitored, and trended with upper and lower thresholds, alerts, and notifications.
- Deliver dashboards to the executive team, company board, and external partners.
- In partnership with the data technology/engineering team, leveraging data science, build predictive models, and perform inductive analysis, in search of growth and efficiency opportunities.
- Hire, retain and mentor the team.
- Plan and manage budget, projects, portfolio and resource planning.
- Maintain strategic partnerships and drive joint initiatives with the corporate divisions: Product Owners, Sales, Support, Success, Finance, Operations, and Marketing
Skills and Attributes
- Strategic leader who is passionate about solving data problems by building simple solutions and thrives on collaboration.
- Self-driven, passionate leader and evangelist with expertise and experience of delivering full life cycle of data based architecture.
- Thinker and planner – able to see potential issues and requirements ahead of time, plan and execute them.
- Experience and passion to work in a fast-paced Agile environment, delivering functional features in small time durations.
- An entrepreneurial mix of exceptional team management, technology ownership, ability to manage and mentor analysts and developers.
- Player / Coach capability, must be willing and able to roll up the sleeves and build out of the gate.
- Influencer, partner and collaborator with multiple cross-functional teams.
- Effective manager of managers, providing coaching, direction and directives to direct reports and the team in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities, and in achieving company initiatives
- Ensures that employee, customer and partner experience is effective and best-in-class by building best in class architecture
What We're Looking For
- Overall 10+ years of experience in the software development and high-volume enterprise data systems
- 5+ years of experience in managing and overseeing enterprise level programs, which require extensive collaboration across various groups in a matrix organization.
- Experience and knowledge of cloud enabled services / applications.
- Strong general knowledge in Internet Technology and Software Development Lifecycle, including current industry trends and their application.
- Knowledge and experience with complex software and coding to mine data sources and look for trends.
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, and training diverse personnel in business, development, operations and quality assurance teams focusing on high performance and professional development
- Ability to balance short term tactical decisions with long term strategic thinking
- Demonstrable leadership abilities in changing, ambiguous and challenging situations
- Demonstrable presentation, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills, fosters and enables both individuals and teams to excel.
Benefits to get Excited About
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily, breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 8,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top