Director, Commercial Sales - Majors
At PagerDuty, we believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture. Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Are you a skilled sales leader who is passionate about leading, engaging and mentoring one of our Commercial Sales team?
Every Commercial Sales team is in charge of new customer acquisition and driving customer expansion in a geographic territory.
You as a sales leader will be responsible for leading and developing a high performing sales team. Also, you will be a valuable contributor to the sales strategy, leading implementation and driving execution to achieve corporate objectives.
The individual should possess a proven business-to-business application sales and management history preferably in a technical SaaS company.
How You Impact Our Vision
- Lead a growing team of Sales Representatives
- Attract, hire, coach, on-board and retain top sales talent
- Assist sales reps in strategizing, negotiating and closing complex transactions
- Direct daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Synchronize and lead weekly and monthly one-on-one and team-wide pipeline reviews, meetings and training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement and action sharing
- Be a change agent within PagerDuty, help define new models and processes to grow our business
- Work closely with an extended team of Sales Development Representatives, Sales Engineers, Marketing and others
- 7+ years of on-quota, B2B sales experience with strong preference for SaaS experience
- A minimum of 4 years of leading individual contributor sales people to success
- A successful history of closing business, selling new licenses/subscriptions to IT and lines of business owners and over-achieving quota
- Exhibit ability to coach, mentor and develop sales talent
- A track record of accurately forecasting sales results
- The ability to work in a fast-growing and dynamic environment
- Reciprocal spirit and communication skills
- A 4 year university/college degree (required)
Are you passionate about Joining a creative company where you are pushed beyond your comfort-zone both professionally and personally? Then apply now.
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family, cell phone allowance and more!
RSP with 1% employer match
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid stat holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Monthly company wide hack days
Catered lunch daily and plenty of snacks and drinks
Convenient, central Toronto office location, easily accessible by public transportation
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top